Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Bunker

Thumbs down Gun Bunker

I recently bought an old S&W 38 special revolver from Gun Bunker. Nice shop, good selection and were quite friendly to me. My problem with them is that they charged me $15 dollars for the PICS check. I know its only $10 extra dollars but that is underhanded and sneaky. If they needed the extra $10 so badly why didn't they just put it in the listed price instead of hiding it in the PICS check. I won't be going back there.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Between a rock and a hard place, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Default Re: Gun Bunker

I hear you brother. I am the same way. The guy is friendly enough but I feel I am getting hustled at times. I stop in from time to time but I rarely buy anything. Their prices go from fair retail to what are they smoking. And between the upcharge in the pics check and the upcharge in using a credit card I can usually get it elsewhere for the same price or cheaper. Because of this most of my business goes elsewhere. I was in there a while back and another customer asked him about his upcharges in particular the credit card upcharge and he sated that he would not be able to stay in business if he did not charge extra for credit card use. I am sure he would say the same about the upcharge in pics.

The thing I don't understand is a place like Tom at Backwoods Outfitters does not charge extra for pics or credit card but he stays in business and he has a loyal customer base. I am sure that the credit card charges cut into his profit base but he makes up for it by increased sales over the long run.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I like to vote with my wallet. Because of that I will not buy anything at gun bunker unless it is a hell of a deal. Otherwise I go elsewhere.

(York County)

Wink Re: Gun Bunker

I have been in there and found some great deals on some guns so that more than makes up for the extra charges Devin Green and Joe Knaub are great guys in my book.

Da Slut

(York County)

I understand the extra 3% or whatever for credit cards but the up-charge on the PICS check is just plain wrong. It won't take long for that info to get around & hurt business. I've never been to the place and I don't plan to go now that I've heard about that. So that is one potential customer they have lost already. Too many honest guys out there that need the business instead.

Pics check down this way will run you around 25 bucks!! Consider yourself lucky....
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Monroe County)

Visa charges 2% to the Merchants and Amex charges 2.5% down from 3% previously , the state police charges $3.50 for the PICS call, you guys are getting robbed.

My Shop that i do my Gun shopping does not charge for DEbit card use so i use my DEbit card and he doesnt charge for the Pics Check/call (its only a phone call)

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Visa charges 2% to the Merchants and Amex charges 2.5% down from 3% previously , the state police charges $3.50 for the PICS call, you guys are getting robbed.

My Shop that i do my Gun shopping does not charge for DEbit card use so i use my DEbit card and he doesnt charge for the Pics Check/call (its only a phone call)
    Correction: The call to PICS is $2.00, plus $3.00 per firearm transfered on that check call. One firearm, $5.00 total; two firearms on one call, $8.00, etc.

(Bucks County)

lots of places charge more than what's required for the pics check and I don't mind it so long as it's not outreageous. i'm not overly concerend about paying an extra 5 or 10 bucks for pics so long as i'm getting a good price on the gun and good customer service. i guess your best bet is to ask what the shop chragers for the pics check before you buy the firearm that way there's no unexpected surprises.

(York County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    I recently bought an old S&W 38 special revolver from Gun Bunker. Nice shop, good selection and were quite friendly to me. My problem with them is that they charged me $15 dollars for the PICS check. I know its only $10 extra dollars but that is underhanded and sneaky. If they needed the extra $10 so badly why didn't they just put it in the listed price instead of hiding it in the PICS check. I won't be going back there.
    Good don't go to Gun Bunker anymore. That leaves more great deals for me.
    I have owned several business before and know the amount of money needed to run a retail shop like this one. These guys are working hard and list all the costs in the shop. There is a big sign that states 3.5% credit card fees but debit is free. Can't you read? $15 PICS. How is it a hidden charge if it is on your Receipt . There again, CAN'T YOU READ? Instead of asking them you came to this board like the coward you are to bash their good name. Shame on you and others like you that do this.

Good day Sir

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by TERM OIL View Post
    Good don't go to Gun Bunker anymore. That leaves more great deals for me.
    I have owned several business before and know the amount of money needed to run a retail shop like this one. These guys are working hard and list all the costs in the shop. There is a big sign that states 3.5% credit card fees but debit is free. Can't you read? $15 PICS. How is it a hidden charge if it is on your Receipt . There again, CAN'T YOU READ? Instead of asking them you came to this board like the coward you are to bash their good name. Shame on you and others like you that do this.

Good day Sir
    Whoa, calm down there. No one called the credit card surcharge a "hidden charge" except you. CAN'T YOU READ?

On the other hand if there's no advance notice about the PICS surcharge until it shows up on a receipt then it would qualify as "hidden" in my book. Suddenly finding an extra, unannounced and unrequired fee added to the bill when you go to pay is almost the definition of a hidden charge.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast