Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XDs

(Beaver County)

Default XDs

So, the new XDs, in .45 ACP, with a 5+1 single-stack mag, and a two-finger grip:

http://xdspistol.com/

I'd like one in .40 S&W, with an extended mag option, but I think I'll pass on the dinky little .45, for now, but I am tempted.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: XDs

A lot of talk and threads on the XDs over the past month or so here. They have been delayed again until late May/ early June

(Philadelphia County)

I feel like they really missed the boat on this pistol. I really like the XD's and was looking forward to trying and XDs, but with the M&P Shield coming out swinging they lost a lot of customers waiting with cash in hand. Now this might just be my marketing/product management side but I flip when my products are delayed and can't help feeling bad for springfield and their production difficulties. Cheers

(Luzerne County)

I have to admit I am still tempted by this

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by LostinGermany View Post
    I feel like they really missed the boat on this pistol. I really like the XD's and was looking forward to trying and XDs, but with the M&P Shield coming out swinging they lost a lot of customers waiting with cash in hand. Now this might just be my marketing/product management side but I flip when my products are delayed and can't help feeling bad for springfield and their production difficulties. Cheers
    Funny you mentioned that. I had cash ready for the XDs when it was suppose to come out in March. I waited and missed initial Shields too ! I hear shields are rolling back in, so I'm going to probably buy it and see if I have the $500+ when the XDs's finally ship in late May/June.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Funny you mentioned that. I had cash ready for the XDs when it was suppose to come out in March. I waited and missed initial Shields too ! I hear shields are rolling back in, so I'm going to probably buy it and see if I have the $500+ when the XDs's finally ship in late May/June.
    Good to know. I see this happen in my industry when customers are so eager to get the "newest item" that production issues often cause a loss in sales to an opposing brand. I just know I get frustrated when it happens to us so this perpetual push makes me cringe. Cheers.

Very interesting.

I'll have to look into this.
    Repeal the 17th Amendment

(Monroe County)

This is probably a good thing for the Springfield fans who will wait and not buy another brand of Pistol untill they come out, better that Springfield delay untill they can successfully work out whatever problem they are having with the Pistol, after all this is a handgun, something that pretty much has no other use than to potentially save your life or the life of a loved one it is not tennis shoes or canned soup, it is a deadly instrument.
    I think Springfield is doing the right thing.

Personally i am not a Sprigfield fan but if i were i would wait.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    This is probably a good thing for the Springfield fans who will wait and not buy another brand of Pistol untill they come out, better that Springfield delay untill they can successfully work out whatever problem they are having with the Pistol, after all this is a handgun, something that pretty much has no other use than to potentially save your life or the life of a loved one it is not tennis shoes or canned soup, it is a deadly instrument.
    I think Springfield is doing the right thing.

Personally i am not a Sprigfield fan but if i were i would wait.
    I agree, they must have some sort of issue and these delays can only improve the pistol.

(Chester County)

I just bought an XDM 45 compact 3.8 and I was thinking about holding off until the xds but truthfully I really like higher cap mags , studies show much different from the old revolver days that the average gun confortation takes place with aan exchange of 8 or more shots from each side being fired , compared to the 6 or eight shooter days when it was 6 . Then reload, with that being said I am aware that it only takes 1 good shot to stop someone but I much rather the higher cap mags. With my XDM I have the 9 round mag and a 13 round mag . The width is another reason I thought for the xds but I am still very easily managing to conceal my XDM with the right IWB holster. I use a n82tactial holster and have a CB deluxe on the way. I have also heard that while the xds is still in the XDM design standard , that Springfield redid the gun from the bottom up. It's a totally different trigger then the usual XD or XDM , smith and Wesson also did this with their shield, totally new and improved trigger. If you have shot an Springfield one thing you know is not the best is the triggers. I am getting a PRP trigger put into mine. As also stated earlier when they keep pushing the release of a gun it usually means something is still not polished where they want it to be or they are still working on some sort of promo to push this little guy. I really have not thought twice about my decision to bag the xds and go with the XDM 45 compact. It's a great little gun , accurate, comfy and an awesome little shooter. Only time will tell on what they do with it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast