Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New S&W 1911E

(Bucks County)

Default New S&W 1911E

I had asked you guys what were some good 1911s if someone wanted to "step up" in craftsmanship and function. You collectively suggested several manufacturers and I checked them all out. Many were probably fine pistols but looked ordinary. One struck me as particularly attractive, ie, the S&W 1911E.

Recently the S&W web site was not listing "E" models at all, so I thought maybe I should wait and see why. But last night I read yet another post about 1911s and that started me looking at web sites again. Lo and behold, the S&W web site was showing 1911s again. Decided - once again - I wanted the 1911TA. Next I went to Gunbroker and found 2 at auction.

Since I won't be home for a couple of weeks, I didn't really have time to buy one and have it shipped. But I did click on one, and saw the auctioner was Ray Tanner who is relatively close to me. Looked further down and saw that it also had an interesting serial number. Clicked "Buy Now" and picked this one up today:

Tanner said these are normally reserved for key people at distributers. If they do not want them, they pass them down to their key stores. Whatever, now it's mine The test fire date is 4/12/12, so this serial number does not appear to correlate to final assembly and test.

SS Finish, 5" barrel, Tritium sights, adjustable trigger and rear (windage) sight. Went directly to the range (yeah, I know), fired 50 rounds through it and was incredibly pleased. The 1911 is a joy to shoot, that's for sure.

Thanks for the help, guys and gals

Default Re: New S&W 1911E

Very nice. Congrats on a beautiful pistol. Please post when you shoot it and let us know how it goes.
    [SIGPIC]

I have one also not the rail model with night sights like yours. But the basicc E series I am quite pleased with mines also. It is a very well made 1911 Pistol with everuthing but nightsights on it that I would want. I'll fixing that soon. The thing I didn't want with a rail gun is that my holsters that I already own for the 1911 would not fit. But S&W has there rail system so intergrated that it fits most common holsters. Among the other upgrades to your gun I bet its reallya jewel. As I stated I bought the basic model and its is one hell'va of a 1911 so I know you are well pleased with the updated model you bought.

As the photo shows it is one of the finer looking 1911 made. That is a beauty, enjoy!! I think it looks even better then the Sig 1911, it maybe just me.
    Last edited by Neko456; May 4th, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

(Chester County)

Wow, nice! I've gotta say, those are some of the best looking 1911s with rails ever made. They didn't just throw one on last minute, you can tell they took the time to stylize it and it shows.

(Chester County)

That's great. I really like the look of those 1911Es. Congrats on the serial number too, that's pretty sweet!

(Philadelphia County)

I was at Tanners earlier this week and looked at your new S&W 1911E. What a beautiful gun! I was soooo tempted...

Congrats on your new purchase, best of luck with it!

Scott

(Wayne County)

That is a VERY nice 1911, we were looking at the version you have and the non railed version like neko has at the Bloomsburg gun show on Sunday. Almost had my FIL talked into one but he ended up deciding against the idea.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Cambria County)

Congrats on a fine S&W. I have really been impressed with what S&W has been putting out lately. Very Nice!
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

Stunning, good luck with it.

I wonder if you can get the CBOB in stainless and titanumum? That would really be pretty. I've only seen it in Blue steel.

How bright are the night sights that comes with your S&WE series?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast