Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Recommend me a holster

Just got my first "compact" pistol, a M&P 9 shield and im looking for a holster, im to fat for a iwb , checked out a fobusand it was ok, and a leather through the belt but i didnt like the thumb break on it. any suggestions? And i prefer not to spend more on the holster than then gun

Default Re: Recommend me a holster

I'm "big boned" and I tend to prefer something basic like this, if money is no objective (the model pictured is 65) look into mitch rosen branded products, more in the 100 to 150 range.

This right hand Speed Scabbard, from Desantis, is designed for people preferring a holster without a thumb break while still providing firearm retention. It's exact molding, together with a tension device, allows for a secure and highly concealable carry. This holster is crafted from the finest full grain leather and is oil finished in saddle tan. It is embossed with our M&P logo and accomodates belts up to 1-3/4" wide.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_N
    Last edited by EandGWZ; May 1st, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    I'm "big boned" and I tend to prefer something basic like this, if money is no objective (the model pictured is 65) look into mitch rosen branded products, more in the 100 to 150 range.

This right hand Speed Scabbard, from Desantis, is designed for people preferring a holster without a thumb break while still providing firearm retention. It's exact molding, together with a tension device, allows for a secure and highly concealable carry. This holster is crafted from the finest full grain leather and is oil finished in saddle tan. It is embossed with our M&P logo and accomodates belts up to 1-3/4" wide.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_N
    You get an A for effort but Jeeper is after a holster for the Shield, S&W's new single stack gun. NOT the regular M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by JeeperGuy View Post
    Just got my first "compact" pistol, a M&P 9 shield and im looking for a holster, im to fat for a iwb , checked out a fobusand it was ok, and a leather through the belt but i didnt like the thumb break on it. any suggestions? And i prefer not to spend more on the holster than then gun
    You might have to wait a bit for some good gunleather to come out for these. From what I hear, there are Blue Guns out for the Shield. So with enough interest, expect more offerings to become available. I did see Galco had something out already. Might take some time. Good luck with the search.

(Wyoming County)

thanks, it is for a shield. the fobus i tried was for a sig and it fit perfect but i dont remember which one

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JeeperGuy View Post
    There is no suck thing as "to fat for a iwb" Im currently 320-330 and carry IWB, i used to be 530 and carried IWB then also....

Can you tell i hate when people say im to fat for IWB, lol

(Wyoming County)

what kind of holser do you use?

(Philadelphia County)

whats the point of getting a small concealable single stack if you're going to carry OWB?

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    There is no suck thing as "to fat for a iwb" Im currently 320-330 and carry IWB, i used to be 530 and carried IWB then also....

Can you tell i hate when people say im to fat for IWB, lol
    I agree, I have a couple of IWB, you'll definitively need bigger pants but my LCP feel "good" against my fat rolls. Those type holsters are also an incentive to drop 10 lbs.

(Lawrence County)

Check out DeSantis, I carry a Taurus 709 slim ussually OWB in a DeSantis Mini Slide thumb Break, I paid around $60 for the holster (amazon) and I am very pleased with the holster. Im not sure if Desantis makes the holster for the Shield yet but it may be worth checking out. If they don't make it for the Shield yet, I would assume they will shortly

The most comfortable IWB holster I ever worn was a hybrid leather/kydex holster like the Galco King Tuk, Crossbreed Super Tuk and etc. Crossbreed offers their SuperTuk for the Shield.

http://crossbreedholsters.com/SuperT...me,ProductName

For OWB I like the Kydex holsters like from Raven Concealment.

And I agree you can't be "too fat" for a IWB.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast