Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: How about that CZ 82

The passive safey on the CZ82-83 will not allow the hammer to strike the firing pin UNLESS the trigger is pulled to the rear, so even if the hammer was to follow slide ND is unlikely.

To be certain that the disconnector issue is not on your gun, you would have to visually inspect the parts under the right grip. If you cant to that I would drop the slide many times to see if the hammer followes. I have a CZ83 that I got new that is 100%. The CZ82 I got surplus has the disconnector issue mentioned in the thread. I have yet to get it fixed. Maybe this year. D

(York County)

I had the same issue with one of my two vz.82s a few years ago. I bought it at Gander Mtn. back when they gave you a 1 year warranty with used guns. Since it was still under their warranty I took it back to GM and they sent it to CZ-USA in Kansas City where it was fixed lickety-split! That '82 is now my everyday carry gun.
    I want your vz.33

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mp517prct View Post
    I had the same issue with one of my two vz.82s a few years ago. I bought it at Gander Mtn. back when they gave you a 1 year warranty with used guns. Since it was still under their warranty I took it back to GM and they sent it to CZ-USA in Kansas City where it was fixed lickety-split! That '82 is now my everyday carry gun.

How much did you pay at Gander for that? I found one locally at a small dealer for $300 and comes with two clips and a choice of two holsters. It's made in 1990 too. Is this a good deal? I've been looking around for a few months and haven't seen any others.

My other question is this: While I am attracted to this little pistol for it's ergonomics and reliability, some people including "experts" at shops, etc, have told me to look for a larger/more powerful caliber (e.g. 44 Spl, 9mm, 40S&W, etc). I have to agree with the arguement that the Makarov round has similar ballistics to a .38 Spl. I've read SO many stories about people having 5 shots of 38 emptied into them and walking calmly away, or continuing to fight if it was a gun-battle. Now, in the CZ82 were talking about 12+1 rounds! But is it practical or even politically correct that we should have to shoot someone 6 times to stop them? Juries are selected at random and most folks aren't going to neccessarily understand that you HAD to shoot the person 6 times to stop them, they're going to think with that many shots you were over the top and out of line. Besides the CZ82 (which is a sweet little honey of a reliable pistol) I've also been looking at .357's with both 5 and 6 shots for self-defense. One shot will stop most people if placed anywhere center-mass. Now, regardless of the love I share for the CZ82 with some people here, I ask: What would you rather have in your hand while being attacked by someone very large and very angry, possibly on drugs, and brandishing a baseball bat or worse?

(York County)

I paid $229ea for mine a few years ago. They can be had from J&G Sales in AZ for $199 but after shipping and transfer you'll probably have $250 into it, so while $300 is a little on the high side, you get to hold it before you buy it. You might try to "make a deal" with your LGS.
    I want your vz.33

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345