Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Monroe County...

Ye ha, the first one here! C'mon guys, I know that I am not alone in Monroe County!

(Monroe County)

Default Me too

You're not alone anymore.

Kunkletown checking in.
    No Signature Required

(Monroe County)

Default Mike Q in Effort

Where do you shoot? Just joined Palmerton, but looking for a place to shoot clays.
    No Signature Required

(Pike County)

Default BigMac357 in Bushkill

Not to far from ya Bro. Let's hook up.

(Monroe County)

Hi, I'm in East Stroudsburg, a new member and soon to be gun owner! I have checked out Warner's and A & A SPort, both on 611, any other recommended shops? I assume Dunlebergers is expensive, how is WEaver's? What do u guys think?
    Last edited by wewo; September 18th, 2006 at 09:08 AM.

(Monroe County)

Default check out American Sport Shooting

Check it out on 209 near Broadheadsville. MUCH better than Weavers, better selection than Warner's. Take 33 S to 209 S about 4 miles on right.
    No Signature Required

(Monroe County)

will do, ty I also heard the Army-Navy store in Allentown (Grape street near LHV Mall) is worth a visit just for looking!

(Monroe County)

Default Army Navy

I've been a coule of times, but never bought anything there. nice selection though. If you're new to firearms and haven't done so already, you may want to get your LTCF. It takes about 30-40 days in Monroe county, but it's well worth the $25 for the convenience of being able to carry whenever you feel it's necessary in PA. Personally, I carry all the time while in PA, primarily because choose to exercize my right to do so, but it's a personal decision on your part. Would hate to see someone get busted for illegal carry because you stopped off somplace on your way home from the range and had a magazine full of ammo, even seperate from the pistol.
    No Signature Required

(Monroe County)

definitely plan to do that, I understand the Courthouse in Stroudsburg is the place to apply, may do that this week, even before I buy my first pistol. My wife and I are planning on renting a couple guns from Sunset Hill Thursday to see how they feel.

(Monroe County)

Default Sunset Hill

Sunset hill is nice, but expensive. If you're looking to try out a few pistols, you might want to try the Firing line in Whitehall. It's off of 145, but you can see it on the hill if you're headed North. sunset only gives you a few rounds and it runs 0.50 per round up to $5.00 per round for S&W 500. Firing Line is indoor and has automatic target retrevial/ advancement.

For the LTCF application, make sure you have last year's 1% tax form or a letter from the township stating thet you're paying it. You'll also need 2 references, supposedly from Monroe County. You'll need full names, addresses, and telephone numbers. they cannot be living at the same location (as each other) or related to you. Monroe Co. does send out a postcard to your references, so make sure they know it's coming.

Good luck and have fun.
    No Signature Required

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast