Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Arms

(Allegheny County)

Default Anthony Arms

Looking for a place to go bust a few caps since I don't belong to a club. The only commercial range that I can find around Pittsburgh is Anthony Arms. Range time is reasonable, $12.50 an hour but they insist that you buy your ammo there and you can't bring unused ammo back for your next session.

I called and asked why they insist on you using their ammo. "Otherwise range time would be $80 an hour," I was told. I've been to more than a few commercial ranges that allowed shooters to bring their own ammo and none charged $80 an hour.

Anthony Arms also charges $2 per target. Wow!

I find it curious that in "pro gun" Pittsburgh that there is only one commercial range. DC is notoriously anti-gun and in the suburbs surrounding it there are six that I can think of off-hand.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    Looking for a place to go bust a few caps since I don't belong to a club. The only commercial range that I can find around Pittsburgh is Anthony Arms. Range time is reasonable, $12.50 an hour but they insist that you buy your ammo there and you can't bring unused ammo back for your next session.

I called and asked why they insist on you using their ammo. "Otherwise range time would be $80 an hour," I was told. I've been to more than a few commercial ranges that allowed shooters to bring their own ammo and none charged $80 an hour.

Anthony Arms also charges $2 per target. Wow!

I find it curious that in "pro gun" Pittsburgh that there is only one commercial range. DC is notoriously anti-gun and in the suburbs surrounding it there are six that I can think of off-hand.
    They may not get enough business to let people bring their own ammo?

Classic pistol is always JAM PACKED and they are cheap as hell!
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Allegheny County)

Spend 100.00, join a local club and shoot whatever and whenever you want.

(Allegheny County)

Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club (PMSC) has an indoor range with motorized mechanical bays. This indoor range is $3 for up to 30 minutes and $5 for the day above the membership fees.

It's the only club in the area that I know of that has such an indoor range.

http://www.pmsconline.com/

Dues Schedule:

Primary Account Holder $60 / year
    Spouse $15 / year
    Youth $5 / year
    Initiation Fee $40 one time fee
    Electronic Gate Card $10 per card

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club (PMSC)
    Good Lord man! I'd have to go through two tunnels and over a bridge. This is Pittsburgh, if I have to cross the river, it becomes a major expedition.
    Last edited by NRA Recruiter; April 30th, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Yep, in the "greater" Pittsburgh area you have Anthony Arms (West Mifflin), A&S (Youngwood), or Army & Navy Store & Indoor Range (Latrobe).

Otherwise you have to be a member of a sportsman club. Which is good, unless you are in town visiting for a couple of days or so and just want to get out and shoot - if you know what I mean .

On the other hand, I was up in the NW visiting my parents early this month for two weeks. Was able to hit 5 different indoor ranges all within a 60 mile drive. To include the nicest indoor range that I have been in (and I have been going to different indoor ranges around the US for the past 26 years) in Bellvue - West Coast Armory.

If you get out to the Seattle area, it is worth the drive over to Bellvue to visit it.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Good Lord man! I'd have to go through two tunnels and over a bridge. This is Pittsburgh, if I have to cross the river, it becomes a major expedition.
    There are lots of clubs around to join. PMSC is the nicest though with the amount of land and ability to do what you want(ie, drawing from a holster which is not allowed at most clubs). I'm in the same boat with two tunnels and a bridge to get there and am considering joining for those reasons. I live in the south hills and my club is in the north hills to shoot but it only takes me about 25 minutes to get there on Fri at rush hour.

(Washington County)

i have shot there twice wont be going back . its not a bad place to shoot but its pricey. the first time buy my self one box of 9mm ammo range time and target was 37 and some change. the second time i went i took my wife we got one box of 9mm and a target cost me 50. and change. if i added a couple of bucks to that total i could have joined a private gun range

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyb74 View Post
    There are lots of clubs around to join. PMSC is the nicest though with the amount of land and ability to do what you want(ie, drawing from a holster which is not allowed at most clubs). I'm in the same boat with two tunnels and a bridge to get there and am considering joining for those reasons. I live in the south hills and my club is in the north hills to shoot but it only takes me about 25 minutes to get there on Fri at rush hour.
    I go over a bridge, through downtown and a tunnel to get to PMSC. But it's quite possibly the best in the area. I mostly shoot on weekends so the traffic is not that bad.

(Allegheny County)

clairton Sportsmen club is 5 min from anthony's www.clairtonsc.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast