Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Neg feedback. neg rep, or just get over it ?

Had a trade set up w member. Tenative day,time and place. Member said that he wasn't sure if he had to work that day (they only tell them the day before) but asked for my phone number and would let me know if he wouldn't make it to meet. PM'd day before, heard nothing .. PM'd morning of, heard nothing. Drove to meeting place ( Cabelas ). Waited an 1.5 hr. nothing so returned home. Several PM's still nothing .. Member has been on the boards based on activity, but has not responded to any of my PM's since.
    That brings me to my question ... Do I enter negative feedback in the appropriate section, negative rep this member ( is a junior, so will it even show up ?) or just put on my big boy pants and move on ?
    Is feedback section set up for only good feedback not negative ?
    And under what circumstances would negative feedback be appropriate ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Bugman916; April 30th, 2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: clarified
    /bug

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Neg feedback. neg rep, or just get over it ?

The feedback section is exactly that, for feedback. If you have negastive feedback for someone, there's no rule saying you can't post it. I don't know if I would start throwing out neg reps, though. If I had a bad experience with a business deal, I'd make it a point to let others know, to avoid the same hassle.

(Montgomery County)

Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(York County)

Yep, leave it under feedback. I've done it before when somebody bailed on a deal. It might save someone else the hassle in the future.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman916 View Post
    Had a trade set up w member. Tenative day,time and place. Member said that he wasn't sure if he had to work that day (they only tell them the day before) but asked for my phone number and would let me know if he wouldn't make it to meet. PM'd day before, heard nothing .. PM'd morning of, heard nothing. Drove to meeting place ( Cabelas ). Waited an 1.5 hr. nothing so returned home. Several PM's still nothing .. Member has been on the boards based on activity, but has not responded to any of my PM's since.
    That brings me to my question ... Do I enter negative feedback in the appropriate section, negative rep this member ( is a junior, so will it even show up ?) or just put on my big boy pants and move on ?
    Is feedback section set up for only good feedback not negative ?
    And under what circumstances would negative feedback be appropriate ?

Thanks
    Feedback is the best route concerning issues with sellers...I also try to avoid "new" sellers...people who just show up on the forum to buy/sell....

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Feedback is the best route concerning issues with sellers...I also try to avoid "new" sellers...people who just show up on the forum to buy/sell....
    Only problem with that is that at one time we were all new buyers and sellers.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    The feedback section is exactly that, for feedback. If you have negastive feedback for someone, there's no rule saying you can't post it. I don't know if I would start throwing out neg reps, though. If I had a bad experience with a business deal, I'd make it a point to let others know, to avoid the same hassle.
    totally THIS.... this is exactly how it should be handled, and the very point of the feedback section.

the rep system is an inappropriate choice of feedback venues for this issue.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Delaware County)

Mollymayhem82 nailed it with her reply. I would post in the feedback section so others are aware how your nondel went down. I also would not leave neg rep bacause I don't think it is what the rep system is for. I would probably quite trying to pm the other party.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    Only problem with that is that at one time we were all new buyers and sellers.
    True...but did you create an account.....and your first post was an ad for a sale?

The first thing I look at with a sale is when the person created the account, how "active" they are in the forum (a few posts never hurts) and maybe their rep...

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    True...but did you create an account.....and your first post was an ad for a sale?

The first thing I look at with a sale is when the person created the account, how "active" they are in the forum (a few posts never hurts) and maybe their rep...
    Ye. I would never buy from someone who only joined to buy or sell. I don't trust anyone to begin with, I trust someone who hasn't interacted at all even less. I don't even like selling to people I haven't at least talked to a bit. I know some people only join to use the classifieds, and that they do most of ther business on the internet, but if I want to buy from a business, I'll just go to a local shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast