Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default NYPD at Croydon pizza

I was at Croydon Pizza this afternoon and an NYPD officer from Da Bronx was there an asked me if I was on the force. I said no I'm an armed citizen. The look on his face was of pure shock. We chatted for a couple of minutes and I rolled out. He was there for a reenactment at Neshamity park. Don't know if he was anti or not, don't really care. He was open minded and polite and thats all I really care about.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: NYPD at Croydon pizza

I would have loved to see his expression. Great answer.
    MikeP

(Bucks County)

I don't OC alot but I know Croydon is probaly a good place to do it since its still kinda like an old southern redneck town LOL!

(Jefferson County)

I had a situation like that about 6-7 years ago at a restaurant that an ex worked at in DuBois. I was in line placing my order and flirting with the ex and the other girls there - OC'n my 1911. There were two guys behind me in line in uniform, but at the moment I hadn't noticed what department they were with.

Well as soon as they placed their order the caught up with me at the soda fountain and asked me which department I'm with. .....to their horror I said I'm not a LEO. The moment I said that the look on their face was of terror and shock, and their hands slowly made their way down towards their sidearms.

However, the owner of the establishment(a National Guard Officer) was watching from behind the counter spoke up, saying "I wouldn't do that boys, 80 percent of the folks in this building are armed including me with my AK47 in my right hand." They paused for a second, looked at him(couldn't see the AK), then looked around at the rest of the restaurant to see everyone looking at them. ...that is when I took a better look at their uniforms - they were from some town in New Jersey. To break the elevated level of tension I laughed and explained that they aren't in New Jersey anymore. ..that open carry is legal, even without a license. They were like, "really? ...wow, we didn't know that." From that point out tensions dropped to the norm. The NJ LEOs sat at the table beside me and we, and a couple other tables, BS'd about guns and hunting for the duration of lunch.

Apparently the NJ LEO's got volunteered to go to some place in Ohio to pick up a fugitive that just went through extradition and bring him back for trial. I asked them why they didn't fly, the one officer said that their department didn't want to spring for the airline tickets, but they had extra in their gas budget for the drive.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

i,d have paid money to see the looks on the faces of these guys.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKMAN JIM View Post
    I was at Croydon Pizza this afternoon and an NYPD officer from Da Bronx was there an asked me if I was on the force. I said no I'm an armed citizen. The look on his face was of pure shock. We chatted for a couple of minutes and I rolled out. He was there for a reenactment at Neshamity park. Don't know if he was anti or not, don't really care. He was open minded and polite and thats all I really care about.
    I would have walked out. You get too dity rolling on the ground.

But: A slice of pie $1.25
    Soft drink $1.00
    The look on a NYPD officer's face when he sees a non LEO with a gun PRICELESS
    Last edited by Fraggle09027; April 30th, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

(Monroe County)

A picture is worth a THOUSAND words, though I would have much preferred to see the look of the 2 NJ cops, especially after the AK47 comment

Something like this?

(Delaware County)

As for that story about the NJ cops whose shock at the sight of open carry caused their hands to drop toward their sidearms: I'm continually amazed at these stories of out-of-state LEOs who are either dumbfounded at, or outright refuse to believe that, open carry, or concealed carry for that matter, is legal in some places.
    Is it that unbelievable that there are places in this country, (a vast majority of states for that matter), that actually respect the rights of its citizens?
    Is it simply that places like NJ are completely insular and self-contained, and have absolutely no idea what's going on in their neighboring states?
    It amazes me that these two cops wouldn't be able to entertain the possibility that there are, in fact, free states mere miles from their jurisdiction.
    I just don't get it. How the hell could New Jersey cops not realize that people who live in neighboring states who aren't LEO can carry firearms? Does their department require them to live in a friggin' bubble?
    Sorry for the rant. This stuff just makes my head spin.
    J.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyec View Post
    As for that story about the NJ cops whose shock at the sight of open carry caused their hands to drop toward their sidearms: I'm continually amazed at these stories of out-of-state LEOs who are either dumbfounded at, or outright refuse to believe that, open carry, or concealed carry for that matter, is legal in some places.
    Is it that unbelievable that there are places in this country, (a vast majority of states for that matter), that actually respect the rights of its citizens?
    Is it simply that places like NJ are completely insular and self-contained, and have absolutely no idea what's going on in their neighboring states?
    It amazes me that these two cops wouldn't be able to entertain the possibility that there are, in fact, free states mere miles from their jurisdiction.
    I just don't get it. How the hell could New Jersey cops not realize that people who live in neighboring states who aren't LEO can carry firearms? Does their department require them to live in a friggin' bubble?
    Sorry for the rant. This stuff just makes my head spin.
    J.
    My only assumption is that they were products of their state's culture, laws, and training. They were quite cool with things after they realized they were outgunned by just one guy. ...not to mention the other 10 folks that I personally knew were armed.

One officer spoke more than the other, and he was certainly for the citizens - just that he a culture shock. The other was more concerned with his "char-burger" and Polish sausage sandwich. I could hardly blame him, they rocked. It was a damn shame when they had to close the place.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    A picture is worth a THOUSAND words, though I would have much preferred to see the look of the 2 NJ cops, especially after the AK47 comment

Something like this?

That is pretty close to the look they had. I think the worst fears in the world just hit them all at once.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast