Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default So Glock do you want to fix the issues with the Gen3 and Gen4 9mm guns, simple

First off I have a bunch of Glocks including 3 G17's, 2 2nd gens and 1 3rd gen so I have experiance with some of the issues in the 3rd gen gun.

I keep hearing and reading about the extraction issues in the newer Glocks and I also experiance eractic ejection in my 3rd gen gun and it's not a new one with the dip extractor, it's a 2004 production. Here's my take on what the issue is and it's a simple fix for Glock. Get rid of the LCI extractor and go back to the non LCI, the 336 ejector is fine also and does not need replaced. Get rid of the new recoil spring in the gen 4 as well, the single one worked fine.

I have yet to have any brass even come close to hitting me when shooting my gen 2 guns, and although my gen3 has been 100% reliable it does eject brass at the shooter on occasion. I have also swapped the non LCI extractor from my gen2 and put it in the gen3 and the issue went away.

Here's a couple pics of what the differance is. From left to right, 3rd gen slide, 2nd gen slide and 2nd gen slide with 90* cut. If you notice the 3rd gen angle on the extractor compared to the other 2, that IMO is what causes eratic ejection due to the angle compared to the other 2 which have no angle.

2nd gen pic, see how nice and square the extractor is.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: So Glock do you want to fix the issues with the Gen3 and Gen4 9mm guns, simple

A friend of mine has a Gen2 G17, and another has a G3 G17, and watching them shoot side by side at an indoor range, you can definitely see the difference in the extraction. The Gen2 throws the brass almost directly over the right shoulder, almost no arc as it leaves the pistol. The Gen3 throws at a relatively high arc and more directly to the right. My Gen3 G19 throws almost directly to the right at about the same arc as my friends G3.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: So Glock do you want to fix the issues with the Gen3 and Gen4 9mm guns, simple

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    A friend of mine has a Gen2 G17, and another has a G3 G17, and watching them shoot side by side at an indoor range, you can definitely see the difference in the extraction. The Gen2 throws the brass almost directly over the right shoulder, almost no arc as it leaves the pistol. The Gen3 throws at a relatively high arc and more directly to the right. My Gen3 G19 throws almost directly to the right at about the same arc as my friends G3.
    My gen2 guns make a nice little pile of brass at about 3-4 oclock, my gen3 throws it everywhere including at the shooter sometimes.

(Lancaster County)

On the left is a Gen3 26 and the right is a Gen3 19, and it looks like different extractors in them too. I haven't shot the 26 very much to really notice where it throws.

Last edited by streaker69; April 29th, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

(Allegheny County)

On the right is a Gen3 26 and the left is a Gen3 19, and it looks like different extractors in them too. I haven't shot the 26 very much to really notice where it throws.

I'm willing to bet that the G26 is an older one with a non LCI extractor, that's what it looks like.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the G26 is an older one with a non LCI extractor, that's what it looks like.
    The G19 is older than the G26. They were bought about 2 years apart, the 19 I bought in 2000, the 26 was bought in 2002.

(Allegheny County)

The G19 is older than the G26. They were bought about 2 years apart, the 19 I bought in 2000, the 26 was bought in 2002.
    Interesting, does the G26 have the LCI extractor? I can tell by the pic that the 19 does.

(Lancaster County)

Interesting, does the G26 have the LCI extractor? I can tell by the pic that the 19 does.
    You tell me, here's a better picture of it.

(Allegheny County)

You tell me, here's a better picture of it.

That looks like a LCI extractor, is the smoth like the one in this pic or does it have a bump on it?

(Lancaster County)

The 19 is smooth the 26 has the bump.

That looks like a LCI extractor, is the smoth like the one in this pic or does it have a bump on it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast