Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Wyoming County)

Exclamation Piestraks gun shop lost my business and Advanced Arms just got it

Well I bought a Ruger LC9 (a few rifles and a shotgun) from the Piestraks a few months ago and I recently found out the LC9 has a flaw. The LC9 was bought brand new and the take down lever I recently found out (Friday) is broke. When I first got the pistol the take down lever had some "wobble to it" I thought this was normal since the pistol was new and new guns can’t have problems (Stupid me ). I tried to take it down using the instructions and found out I could not. I then asked a few buddies at the range to see and none of us could figure it out. We watched videos on youtube of others taking it down and we still could not get the gun to come apart like the guns shown. So with ample time on Friday and some money in my pocket I set out to Piestraks to see what stupid mistake I was making in trying to take the pistol apart and to buy new pistol or rifle.
    Well I got there and asked if they could help me take the pistol down and I got the response, "I can help you when we are not busy." I then asked, "When will you not be busy?" I then got the response, "I don't know when there are not people there." I asked then, "Is there a day I could come down so I could get the pistol looked at?" This was basically not answered by, "I don't know when we will not be busy." I do not have the time to stop in the shop every day to see if they are busy or not to get the pistol looked at.
    Then I left Piestraks frustrated and went down to Advanced Arms. I walked in waited patiently and Chris came over. I asked him about an ar15 I am looking to build and he told me to wait a few minutes to look at the pistol and he would quote me some prices on an ar15. After a few minutes Chris then told me that the piece that is used to take down the pistol is broke and needs to be sent back to Ruger.
    Overall I don't mind that Piestraks sold me broken pistol, I probably should have noticed that it was not right when I bought it. I understand that sometimes there can be problems from the factory, but I feel that it is unacceptable to not be able to take a few minutes to look at the pistol or not be able to schedule a date in which I could stop in to have it looked at. He has lost my business that day and forever more. I guess this is basically another +1 for Advanced Arms and Chris for going out of his way to help me even though I did not buy the pistol off him. Now it is time to give Ruger a call.
    Last edited by shooker8; April 29th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy