Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Piestraks gun shop lost my business and Advanced Arms just got it

I had a bad experience at Piestraks as well. I understand it's a busy shop but 30 minutes is too long to ignore a customer. My time is worth something so I doubt I'll make another trip to their shop, live and learn.

(Lackawanna County)

Just stopped by AA again today on my way home from work.

Picked up some magazines for my SR9c that I ordered from Chris the other day. While I was there, I did some window shopping with Mary's assistance. I also picked up some range and defensive ammo for my .38 Special (S&W Model 638) and a pocket holster for said snubby.

Personally, I have nothing against Piestraks, but as long as I'm treated right by Chris and his gang, I have no reason to go anywhere else. I'm just glad that AA is between my house and my job.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by deth-jeep View Post
    I had a bad experience at Piestraks as well. I understand it's a busy shop but 30 minutes is too long to ignore a customer. My time is worth something so I doubt I'll make another trip to their shop, live and learn.
    So you are upset because you had to wait your turn?

Hate to see you in a drive thru.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post

Personally, I have nothing against Piestraks, but as long as I'm treated right by Chris and his gang, I have no reason to go anywhere else. I'm just glad that AA is between my house and my job.
    That is the way I see it. Piestracs always treats me well. The prices are really good. Good selection. They are not a huge EBR shop. But then again I am not a huge EBR guy.

I have been in AA and had to wait while they waited on another customer. I have walked out not being waited on because they were bsing with another customer.
    Chris is a good guy. I just get better deals and service at Piestracs. But what do I know? I only buy five to ten guns there a year.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Why the minor pissing contest, from what i read, both are great shops, if you know that you will have to wait for service at either shop, plan ahead, pick a day that you have the time to wait and enjoy the shop and people who go there, strike up a conversation with others who are waiting, you may just make a new friend and shooting partner, then before you know it, it's your turn to be waited on.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Berks County)

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!! (and they are usually a moron and an asshole too).--Larry David

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Why the minor pissing contest, from what i read, both are great shops, if you know that you will have to wait for service at either shop, plan ahead, pick a day that you have the time to wait and enjoy the shop and people who go there, strike up a conversation with others who are waiting, you may just make a new friend and shooting partner, then before you know it, it's your turn to be waited on.
    Right, I've stayed out of it but will simply add this.

My reason for responding to this old thread was just to make people aware that if they think they're going to swing by on a lunch break you may find yourself frustrated. Of course Piestrak's takes care of their regular customers; so does Advanced Arms and every other business ever regardless what they're selling.

Both are great shops. Both Ken and Chris are knowledgeable and friendly guys. Piestrak's caters more towards hunters, and Advanced Arms is more of your concealed carry / "tactical" shop. They each do have some crossover gear.

If you've been personally offended because someone has a different opinion of a business where you are a regular - I don't know what to tell you. I have to assume we're all adults here so we collectively need to get over that. My parting $0.02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123