Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Piestraks gun shop lost my business and Advanced Arms just got it

If I lived closer to advanced arms I'd have a lot more guns

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    I had no clue it was even broke until I talked to Chris. I was actually quite happy that day, and almost bought a colt ar15. I was talking to the owner also. On a side note ruger has impressed me with their outstanding customer service.
    I am curious as to which owner you spoke to. I have never had even a snide comment from Piestraks. But then again I do buy more guns then most people who go there.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Wyoming County)

Well I was talking to Kenny the owner. I don't know if it was a bad day on his end or not, but He lost my business.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Chester County)

Unfortunately this is still a problem. Ken is a great guy, and always pleasant when I've dealt with him directly. However the place is just woefully understaffed. If you have a line of 20 customers - and this is a regular occurrence even on weekdays - you need more than 2 dedicated staff members.

I've been in there a number of times and just watched people walk out in frustration after waiting for over a half hour. That's plain as day, money walking out the door. Even at a modest rate of $8.50 / hour an assistant clerk would only have to help them complete a handful of transactions before they pay for themselves.

I'll most likely only purchase from them when I have to. For instance, they're an authorized Beretta dealer so they're the only ones who can order certain things.

(Wyoming County)

I agree. I just refuse to spend my $ at a place that is a hassle. I don't now why anyone would deal business with a place that is a hassle.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Centre County)

Thumbs down Re: Piestraks gun shop lost my business and Advanced Arms just got it

NO excuse for bad service at a gun store. None. Throw an excuse at me, and I won't accept it. (seriously)
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Lackawanna County)

Advanced Arms is by far the best gun shop I know. Their prices and customer service are superior to anyone else I know. Chris is second to none. It is true that many gun shops will show you break down if you ask. Chris offers it with every sale. Beyond their inventory, Chris will order firearms and accessories as well. All I have to do is ask, and he looks it up on his computer, checks the inventory of his suppliers, quotes me a price, and tells me approximately how many days it will take until it is in the store for me to pick up.

The only person who comes close to Chris in customer service is his wife, Mary...and sometimes, the line to get to her is shorter when I go to AA because everybody seems to want to "talk to Chris."

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Advanced Arms is by far the best gun shop I know. Their prices and customer service are superior to anyone else I know. Chris is second to none. It is true that many gun shops will show you break down if you ask. Chris offers it with every sale. Beyond their inventory, Chris will order firearms and accessories as well. All I have to do is ask, and he looks it up on his computer, checks the inventory of his suppliers, quotes me a price, and tells me approximately how many days it will take until it is in the store for me to pick up.

The only person who comes close to Chris in customer service is his wife, Mary...and sometimes, the line to get to her is shorter when I go to AA because everybody seems to want to "talk to Chris."
    Both Chris and his wife are awesome. I think the best thing they've done for shooters in NEPA has been keeping their ammo prices relatively low. Yes they do limit how much you can buy at a time, but that's just to "spread it around" as Chris once said.

(Luzerne County)

So lets get this correct the place sucks because it is very busy? So busy that people are walking out instead of waiting.

The prices there must really bad if 20 people are waiting to be served.

Oh wiait don't go there thats more for me.

Last I saw Advanced arms only had three people working there. Isn't that the same number of people at Piestracs. Oh wait I am wrong the father will come out when they are really busy.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    If I lived closer to advanced arms I'd have a lot more guns
    I live not five minutes from Advanced Arms I drive to Piestracs every week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast