Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Slide stop is loose?

OK so last week i was at the range and my taurus millennium pt111 was having issues with failing to feed, tried 2 different brands of ammo and same thing, went home and tried a different mag, and found that it was the mag. today while getting ready to go to the range i decided to check the new mag i have with snap caps and noticed that the slide was jamming, broke down the gun and see that the slide stop is super loose and has a lot of play to it. anyone every have this issue or know of a fix? or do i really have to send it back to taurus...

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Slide stop is loose?

Ive never had that particular issue but I have had others with Taurus products. I just wanted to let you know that I have probably sent guns to Taurus at least five times and every time there was a minimum of eight weeks turn around time. If you can find the info and fix it yourself you will be much better off. Brian

Unless you are a gun smith, send it back. Turn around at Taurus is less than two weeks right now. their customer service has improved, greatly.

The slide catch is held in place by a tab on the rear of it. It also has a spring that connects inside the frame and is impossible to get to without removing the two pins that hold the frame to the receiver. it is not the most complicated job, but it is tidious and the pins half to be taken out of the correct side. If the tab on the catch is bent, it will cause a lot of play. If the spring is broken or has come off, it can lock the slide open when you don't want it to (from bouncing around) Was this gun purchased used or dropped at any point?
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeh i asked one of the guys at the range and they said it was broken, gonna take it to Locks gun shop tomorrow.