Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default Taurus Model 990

I just picked this up tonight (ordered it wednesday from Buds and did the transfer tonight), this is my first 22 LR double action revolver, I already have a single six and wanted to try out a double action. So far it seems very nice, the lock-up is tight, trigger is heavy but smooth and the single action trigger is nice and crisp. Taking it to the range in the morning and see how it performs.

Only a couple of minor complaints, Im not a big fan of the ribber grips and so I already have a set of Hogue's on the way from amazon. Also this thing came packed with grease so I cleaned it well and oiled lightly but other than that no major complaints.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Taurus Model 990

I like the Taurus revolvers. I don't have the 990, but both my parents do. The gun has a bit of weight to it compared to my 94. The 990 has a better trigger than the 94, though. I found a nice set of wooden grips for mine. If I can find the site, I'll send it to you. Enjoy the gun.

(Centre County)

I've been looking for a 22 revolver for a while now and have come up empty. a range report is a must!!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Lawrence County)

Well Just got back from the range, Im really liking this gun more and more. I shot about two thirds of a federal bulk pack through it today. Overall I am very impressed with the gun and I am also impressed with accuracy as well. The range was busy and I forgot to grab my target so you will have to take my word for it lol. The gun is more accurate than I am bar none. I shot about a 1.5 inch to 2 inch group from 25 years off my pistol rest. The sights were dead on at 15 yards from the factory so I didn't adjust them at all.

I ordered the gun Wednesday morning and it was at my FFL Friday afternoon. I ordered the gun from Bud's and I paid less than $320 out the door for it. I really wanted a a double action 22 revolver but couldn't justify spending 600 or more for a Smith 617 or the New Ruger SP101 22.

You read some horror stories about Taurus but I have 2 Taurus firearms and have yet to be disappointed. The gun has a very heavy double action trigger which I do not mind since it is a very smooth trigger pull. I have read that you can lighten the trigger by cutting some coils off the spring (I do not believe Wolf has springs for this gun but I am not 100 percent sure) but you run the risk of light strikes so I am not planning on messing this the springs. The single action trigger is quite good, it is very crisp.

Im not a big fan of the grips on it, the ribber rubber grips seem to attract any and all dust dirt and lint in the the ribs so I ordered a set of hogue grips for it on amazon for $17, hogue also makes some very nice wooden grips that I might invest in for about $65. When ordering the grips I also order 2 HKS speedloaders to make filling the 9 shot cylinder a little quicker. I plan on using this gun as woods gun when small game hunting and just plinking in general.

I had no issues at all today function wise, this gun is real shooter. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this gun to anyone looking for a nice stainless 22 LR revolver on a budget.