Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default ATF & U.S. DOJ Plan to Remove CLEO Signature Requirement for NFA Firearms Transfers

San Diego, CA --(Ammoland.com)- According to the National Firearms Act Trade & Collectors Association, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) are preparing to remove the often burdensome Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) signature requirement from Form 1 and Form 4 for NFA firearms. (see article here)

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/25/a...#ixzz1tFoVwPfg

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: ATF & U.S. DOJ Plan to Remove CLEO Signature Requirement for NFA Firearms Transfe

sooooooo basicly if this does happen i can purchase an nfa weapon without needing to deal with ppd ? or does this only apply to californians ?
    IANAL

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: ATF & U.S. DOJ Plan to Remove CLEO Signature Requirement for NFA Firearms Transfe

We've been through this before a couple times.. ..I'll believe it when it actually happens.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

If they do, they'll probably put on some other restriction that's even worse.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    If they do, they'll probably put on some other restriction that's even worse.
    That's what I was thinking. Like put the decision in the hands of the AG of each state.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    San Diego, CA --(Ammoland.com)- According to the National Firearms Act Trade & Collectors Association, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) are preparing to remove the often burdensome Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) signature requirement from Form 1 and Form 4 for NFA firearms. (see article here)

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/25/a...#ixzz1tFoVwPfg
    If that happens, I'd likely go for a can just to have it. As it stands, just too much hassle. I suppose that was the original idea of requiring it.

Thanks for posting this, and keep us posted.