Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: What is Easton really like?

My parents live downtown off the circle, and they are very content and happy there. The neighbors can get annoying sometimes, but most of the time it is quiet. I would take downtown over Palmer or Forks where the majority have the McMansion mentality. At least downtown, people are real and it's pretty clear where you stand. There are exceptions of course.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: What is Easton really like?

We have quite a bit of the Mcmansion mentality here in the Easton area funny thing about a lot of those houses is that many of the folks living in them can't even afford to furnish them but hey its a nice house, Then we have the fore closures here to the pocono's . I have lived here in the West Ward since 1983 and walked to work -short commute and have had to call the police twice since 1983. This area has actually changed in some ways for the better. Downtown had more empty more fronts then than it does now. We have a lot of very nice niche restaraunts /pubs and specialty shops. Yeah there is a pawn shop and a place that buys gold silver and coins. yes there is crime but we have that every where now. We have had a lady shot in the stomach for her purse at the strip mall in Whitehall, carjackings at the Lehigh valley mall ,murders in Allentown ,Bethlehem and Easton. Unfortunately we are not going to stop these types of crimes,but at least in this state we are allowed to open carry or concealed carry to protect ourselves and family. I carry daily open or concealed and at my businesses as well. No matter where you move to in Pa , with the exception of Philly you will have some options in how you protect your girlfriend and yourself -welcome to Pa much better gun rights than our neighbors to the east. Brian /EFR Remember local gals and guys firearms transfers are only $21.20 at EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345