Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: What is Easton really like?

All I know is that it is darn close to NJ. The one time I was in Easton, I was driving through town and came to an intersection. Not having any real destination in mind, I thought about turning left. Then I realised "OH SH*T, left turn = bridge, bridge = Delaware River, other side of bridge = NJ, NJ = trip to the clink, if stopped with my firearm! DON'T TURN LEFT!!.

Since then, I don't like Easton.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambles View Post
    Well that's pretty close to what I wanted to get back from you guys. I would be moving more specifically to Palmer Twsp. I visited the apartments I would be living in and the area didn't look too bad, but I had to ask because I didn't get to explore the surrounding areas.

I don't have any kids so I wouldn't have to worry about the schools. If it were just me I wouldn't mind living in a sketchy area but I'd have my gf with me, and I leave for work for a month at a time so I want her to be safe. She'd have my Glock 20 to destroy intruders with but I'd rather her not lol.
    I lived in Palmer for years. Nice place. There aren't any "bad areas". Easton has some really great restaraunts and pubs. The only con to Palmer is lousy water pressure. It's not long to any shopping, hospital, or the airport.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    What apartments? Near what intersection?
    Woodmont Place, near the intersection of Freemansburg and Grandview.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    All I know is that it is darn close to NJ. The one time I was in Easton, I was driving through town and came to an intersection. Not having any real destination in mind, I thought about turning left. Then I realised "OH SH*T, left turn = bridge, bridge = Delaware River, other side of bridge = NJ, NJ = trip to the clink, if stopped with my firearm! DON'T TURN LEFT!!.

Since then, I don't like Easton.
    Lol yea I want to live near NJ because I grew up here, friends and family are still here and like the accessibility the state offers, but I don't want to be governed by NJ.

(Monroe County)

I'm not sure the of the road you named it must be new. I'm guessing it's the new light south of Greenwood Ave. Decent area, close to highways.
    Just east past 25th St heading into town isn't paradise.
    The apartments look pretty nice.
    John's Gun Room, American Sport Shooting, the bike path and Easton Fish and Game are near by.

(Northampton County)

Don't worry about Easton it's no worse or better than living any where else. I have lived in the west ward for 33 years and run 2 business here in the west ward as well. As far as crime goes this are is a cakewalk,I grew up in Reading which is now as bad as Philly area. As some of the others said there are some great restaurants in the downtown area. If you move to the area look me up you might need my services. MY main business handles Pa state inspection and emissions / auto repairs and my second business is Easton Firearms Refinishing -handles refinishing firearms in cerakote and duracoat and firearms transfers for $20.00. I think you will like living in Easton area and you be able to obtain a carry permit or open carry in this state if you choose to do so. Brian / EFR
    Good luck with moving that's always a pain in the ass.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Monroe County)

Rather large gang problem in easton. Could be worse or better than where you're from in new jersey. I would definitely keep a low profile and keep the windows and doors locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Don't worry about Easton it's no worse or better than living any where else. I have lived in the west ward for 33 years and run 2 business here in the west ward as well. As far as crime goes this are is a cakewalk,I grew up in Reading which is now as bad as Philly area. As some of the others said there are some great restaurants in the downtown area. If you move to the area look me up you might need my services. MY main business handles Pa state inspection and emissions / auto repairs and my second business is Easton Firearms Refinishing -handles refinishing firearms in cerakote and duracoat and firearms transfers for $20.00. I think you will like living in Easton area and you be able to obtain a carry permit or open carry in this state if you choose to do so. Brian / EFR
    Good luck with moving that's always a pain in the ass.
    I do believe my Jeep Cherokee would be illegal in PA (wide tires and sometimes the doors come off) so as far as inspection goes you may be more right than you know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Rather large gang problem in easton. Could be worse or better than where you're from in new jersey. I would definitely keep a low profile and keep the windows and doors locked.
    I had my own place in Elizabeth NJ for a while and my building bordered Newark. Had to take out my trash with a knife cause of the bums, and heard shots outside my apt a couple times. Where I live now isn't bad but I've seen bad.

Elizabeth is actually what got me into firearms. I wanted a shotgun for HD because I had a first floor studio, and with a lot of research it snowballed into a legit interest and hobby lol.

(Monroe County)

Coming out of Elizabeth the place you are looking at will be heaven.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambles View Post
    I do believe my Jeep Cherokee would be illegal in PA (wide tires and sometimes the doors come off) so as far as inspection goes you may be more right than you know lol.
    LMAO PROBABLY. We have safety inspections in Pennsy for just such a reason.

Hahaha, I'm still laughing at "sometimes the doors come off", as in, you don't have much control, and I'm just envisioning this Jeep coming to a stoplight and falling to pieces.

I had my own place in Elizabeth NJ for a while and my building bordered Newark. Had to take out my trash with a knife cause of the bums, and heard shots outside my apt a couple times. Where I live now isn't bad but I've seen bad.

Elizabeth is actually what got me into firearms. I wanted a shotgun for HD because I had a first floor studio, and with a lot of research it snowballed into a legit interest and hobby lol.
    If you come to PA with any of your weapons, just be prepared for the "you have an unregistered firearm!" bullshit.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have lived in the west ward for 33 years and run 2 business here in the west ward as well. As far as crime goes this are is a cakewalk,I grew up in Reading which is now as bad as Philly area. As some of the others said there are some great restaurants in the downtown area.
    Brian I have an old friend that owns Ashly's near you. It was her mother's place before she took it over. It was Shropes before. As a little kid I lived at 1337 Northampton and then 400 N 10th before we went to Bucks County.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/We...14986285228673

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast