Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Beretta Tomcat 32

Tanners has them for $279 new, lowest price I've seen. I've heard mostly good about these little pocket guns, and see most go for $350-$400 new,
    $250+ used. Their ad says they are arriving in 30 days, so $50 deposit holds. Passing info. on b/c I just bought mine so no worries about missing it - lol. I've bought from Tanners before and had had good experience.

On Gunbroker
    Last edited by cruzans; April 26th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Beretta Tomcat 32

From my personal experience and many other reports online, the matte/blued version of the Tomcat has frame cracking issue, even after then supposedly changed the design to make the frame thicker. I came across 1 report of the Inox frame cracking too. I still don't know why Beretta put the reputation on the line by keep selling crappy product. Also, Beretta customer service is horrible. I wouldn't buy anything from them unless I absolutely have no other choices.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Monroe County)

I shot a Tomcat a few weeks ago. There were only 2 things I didn't like about it, not including the cartridge. The issues might not effect someone with smaller hands. The trigger guard kept hitting my trigger finger during recoil. The beaver tail on the back-strap wasn't deep enough keep my hand from sliding up and coming dangerously close to the slide. Other than those things the gun was nice. Buy a Bersa 380 if the cost is an issue.

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

My Tomcat is a BUG, sometimes I might take it when I am dressed up and can't conceal anything bigger, I will just put it in my pocket.

The only problem that I've had is slide bite. It's gotten me twice.
    Vice President and Board Member of Philadoptables; Friends of the Philadelphia Animal Control Shelter

(Carbon County)

i have never has any of the problems mentioned by anyone in the other posts. my hands are fairly large and i have no problems shooting it. shoots great with no recoil and as accurate as a compact pistol. the frame cracking issue is non issue. i know alot of people with them and never seen a cracked frame. i am wodering if the issue is people shooting hot loads regularly. stay with the recomended ammo, and you will have a reliable gun that will last many years.

(Dauphin County)

I owned a Tomcat for several years, never had a problem with it, just stay away from non-Beretta magazines. This is a straight blowback gun and high velocity rounds like Cor Bon can stress the frame, perhaps even leading to cracking. Bersa and Keltec make decent .32s that are pretty inexpensive, maybe even less than the price the OP was quoted. But there are .380s that almost match the Tomcat size-wise, and it is a more effective round.

Good luck, and be safe whatever you end up doing.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Cumberland County)

Good stuff, thanks ! Yeah, I've never heard much about cracked frames, etc.. I've gone on a few sites and read posts from those that have purchased and 95% are positive. I'v alwaysw wanted one just for a fun gun or bug and at that price, I couldn't resist. My brother has the 22 version and loves it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Good stuff, thanks ! Yeah, I've never heard much about cracked frames, etc.. I've gone on a few sites and read posts from those that have purchased and 95% are positive. I'v alwaysw wanted one just for a fun gun or bug and at that price, I couldn't resist. My brother has the 22 version and loves it.
    They are a lot of fun. there have been some issues with cracking on the blued frames. Beretta beefed up the frame, make sure you get a wide slide model.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    They are a lot of fun. there have been some issues with cracking on the blued frames. Beretta beefed up the frame, make sure you get a wide slide model.
    I got the wide slide model and that cracked after barely 200 rounds.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    I got the wide slide model and that cracked after barely 200 rounds.

Al
    Yikes!!!!!

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).