Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Henry Rifle

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Henry Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    As for Henry I really want to get a Mares Leg in .22LR. That's a sweet looking little rifle, I wonder if it's any good?

It's actually sold as a pistol. Would make a great car gun in a larger caliber I guess. I fondled one at the last gun show and am still trying to think of any sort of justification to get one.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    <snip>

As for Henry I really want to get a Mares Leg in .22LR. That's a sweet looking little rifle, I wonder if it's any good?
    It'll be outstanding.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    It's actually sold as a pistol. Would make a great car gun in a larger caliber I guess. I fondled one at the last gun show and am still trying to think of any sort of justification to get one.
    You're correct but it looks more like an SBR, even though it's too short to shoulder. Good news though they do make the Mares Leg in .45 Colt, .44 Mag and .357 Mag but it cost 2 1/2-3 times more than the .22 LR model.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-mares-leg.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    It'll be outstanding.
    That's what I like to hear.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Berks County)

I got mare's leg 22 at cabelas last November. I take it to the range almost every other time I go and it always gets positive comments. In 22 it is for fun. I'm getting better with it but it takes some practice. From the hip is a good time but not very accurate. I have only ever had one extraction issue and I'm certain that was user error. I look forward to buying some more Henry rifles.
    Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
    John Wooden

(Chester County)

I've had my Henry Frontier for a little over two years. Beautiful, accurate and a hoot to shoot. Always functioned well and the time I mounted a scope I found it was extremely accurate.

It's by far the most fun to shoot of any of my guns. Their customer service is legendary and if you did have a problem you can rest assured that it would be taken care of properly.

Check out the Henry subforum at rimfirecentral.com to get more owner imput. Then buy one. You won't be sorry.

Just saw a prodcast about Herny Rifles what they are doing now and how western shooting keeps them sold out of some stock.

I also heard how expensive and smart it is to own and keep Herny Rifles some of the older ones are good investments and worth lots of money.

I always thought that Marlin and Winchesters were better products shows how much I know. I always perferred steel over brass just like with knives and swords. Or is that brass colored steel. Though brass is prettier.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123