Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry Rifle

(Chester County)

Default Re: Henry Rifle

Another Henry H001 fan-boy. I got one for my daughter when she was 11, and it's (she's) dead on accurate and it never fails to eject and feed what ever I put in it. I've taught a lot of young and pre-teens how to shoot with it too, and no one goes home disappointed.

(Mercer County)

I bought one and a brick of .22s for my grand son as a birthday gift. That Henry .22 was one of the biggest pieces of junk I have ever seen. After he opened the gift at my home we out back so he could do some shooting. I rifle was jamming and failing to feed before he fired 100 rounds.

In the three years he his owned this rifle it has been shipped to the factory 4 times and each time rifle comes back it looks worse than it was shipped. This piece of junk looks like it was carried one horse back for twenty years. Would I order or buy another Henry. HELL NO

If looking for an American built .22 check out the Brownings built in Utah.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Westmoreland County)

I bought my Henry Hoo1 at Wal-Mart shortly after they came out. Between Me my Grandson and 2 Nephews I know there have been 2000 rounds threw it without any problems, may be because its an early model but I have no complaints.

(Washington County)

Got a Henry Golden Boy 22lr with the heavy octagon barrel.

Rifle is accurate, never jams, fun to shoot, looks nice, but it is kind of heavy. The weight is my only gripe. Firing without a rest gets old after awhile. If it wasn't for that I could shoot it all day.

Sounds like anything else. Sometimes you get a bad one.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

I bought the Henry, the 16 inch barrel youth model and went right to the range. I ran about a hundred rounds through it and no problems with feeding or jamming. This the smoothest lever action I have ever owned (over the years I have owned quite a few lever actions). It was surprisingly accurate and just plain fun to shoot. I know there is going to be some one very unhappy that I bought this thing, that big wood chuck in the back 40.

(Perry County)

I have a Golden Boy in .22 LR.

The thing has been perfect for me. No problems, action is smooth, and it's accurate.

I should shoot it more than I do.

(Allegheny County)

I have the 22 mag Frontier GREAT rifle very accurate with the Vmax bullets that's all i shoot out of it

Henry H001 here. Couple hundred rounds through it, not a single failed to feed or fire. As accurate as I can shoot right out of the box, no adjustments made or needed. Pretty wood.

Was concerned about the plastic barrel band, so called the manufacturer. They said they'd send me a metal replacement if I ever wanted/needed it. I examined an older model with the metal band, and I think I may prefer the plastic part. Seems like it may last longer. Good enough for now.

The receiver is covered in a thin metal that seems like it might get easily dinged with rough handling. Since I baby my guns that's not much of a worry for me. If I was always piling them on top of each other, or dropped them over cliffs onto rocks I might be concerned.

Over all, love it.

(Allegheny County)

Check out the Henry subforum over at RFC...

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=67

Their CEO lurks there a lot.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Mine has been perfect. Zero, nada, zip of any kind or type of issues with any kinds of ammo used.

Mine is a Brooklyn, NY gun. They have since moved to NJ.

[rant warning]

When I got my Who-1 Henry, I thought "How cool - a gun made in anti-gun NY!" Then I got to thinking - what the hell was I thinking buying stuff made in an anti-2A state!!? Feeding that state's coffers??

And when they moved the factory - why to effing NJ - another state that oppresses their people? Why not to 2A-friendly PA?

For that reason alone I will never EVER buy anything else that Henry makes regardless of how cool their Mare's Leg is.

YMMV.

[rant off]
    It's kinda funny you say that. Makes me wonder why people buy/support companies like H&K, FNH, Glock, etc which operate out of countries that outlaw/vocally criticize private firearm ownership? As for Henry I really want to get a Mares Leg in .22LR. That's a sweet looking little rifle, I wonder if it's any good?
    Last edited by LifeInPa; May 5th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast