Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Who loves their FN-9?

Bought this handgun about 3 months ago and I absolutely love it. Came with 3 mags( 10 rounders unfortunately), nice case and was only around 400 something. Super accurate, looks like a Sig, and seems to be quite reliable. Who else loves theirs as much as I love mine?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Who loves their FN-9?

I dont have the 9 but i have the .40, same gun different caliber, i love mine, superb handgun, its a cross between a SIg a HK and a Browning P35, i carry mine sometimes for personal protection thats how much confidence i have in it, never a failure from Day one even with Magsafe ammo in it, it mostly does duty as my nightstand Gun because it has trigicons in it.

It is a lot of Gun for just a little over $400, if i find a 9 i will buy it too.

Enjoy.

(Allegheny County)

No 9 here either. But I have the slightly larger 45 and... it's a love affair. Mainly between me... and that gun.

My girlfriend has an FNP 9. I like it a lot. Super accurate and has really soft recoil for such a light gun. I've never had any issues with it, but she had some stove pipes when she first got it which I attribute to her limp wristing. My only complaint is the lack of holsters.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Subverto View Post
    My only complaint is the lack of holsters.
    lack of holsters, lack of night sight options. inability to do anything more than field strip without it going back. And that includes for frame rail replacement since they are wear parts.

Unless you know an FN pistol armorer.

(Allegheny County)

Midwest Gun Works has nearly all internal parts for these guns.

Detail stripping the slide on mine was easy. You just use the edge of a punch to knock the firing pin retainer out of it's slot. And it all comes apart with the exception of the firing pin safety. That requires the rear sight to come out.

As for the inner workings... there was a thread on the FNP recently that he explained how to get into and switch that out on here. (He went form a decocker only to decocker/manual safety)

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Subverto View Post
    My girlfriend has an FNP 9. I like it a lot. Super accurate and has really soft recoil for such a light gun. I've never had any issues with it, but she had some stove pipes when she first got it which I attribute to her limp wristing. My only complaint is the lack of holsters.
    Subverto , i found out by accident that any holster that will fit a Sig 229 will fit the FNP, all my Sig Holsters fit my FNP perfectly , the dimensions are the same as a 229 with the sig like controls in the same spot as a 229. You may want to pass that on to your GF in case she wants to buy a holster.

I got nights sights for my FNP from Cheaper than dirt for $69, i thought they would be junk but when they arrived i saw that they were brand new Trijicons.

Also FN has one of the best Customer service in the Gun Business.

(Montgomery County)

I have the FNX9 and love it. I like external hammers, not sure why but I prefer them. I anticipated a high quality, well engineered product at a very reasonable price, I was not disappointed. I think I may have bought the only x9 at the last oaks show (though it was so crowded I did not have a chance to look into every case). Love it.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Subverto , i found out by accident that any holster that will fit a Sig 229 will fit the FNP, all my Sig Holsters fit my FNP perfectly , the dimensions are the same as a 229 with the sig like controls in the same spot as a 229. You may want to pass that on to your GF in case she wants to buy a holster.

I got nights sights for my FNP from Cheaper than dirt for $69, i thought they would be junk but when they arrived i saw that they were brand new Trijicons.

Also FN has one of the best Customer service in the Gun Business.
    +1

I believe I used a Glock 30 Fobus for my FNP-40 when I had it.
    They are the most underrated brand out there...in my opinion.

I have the FNX-40 and right out of the box it was one of the better shooting guns I have ever had. It points good, has fired everything I put in it and I can hit almost everything I try to hit. The miss is not the gun's fault, it's the cross wind. Good guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast