Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default WWII Weekend at Graeme Park - May 5th and 6th!

Well folks, the Second Annual Graeme Park WWII Weekend is here again. This May 5th and 6th (Saturday and Sunday) at 859 W County Line Rd, Horsham, PA
    the historical site of Graeme Park will be hosting it's WWII Weekend put on by my WWII reenacting unit full of authentic period vehicles from all sides of the war, many guns of the war from M1 Garands to 88mm cannons on a tank.

There will also be a spectator battle through a French village where the spectators of the event can watch our USGI (And maybe some Limeys too...!) take on the German occupiers of the village.

There will also be plenty of time for folks to take a walk through the exhibits and learn about the vehicles, guns, and everything else from the time.

There will be plenty of sutlers selling assorted militaria from WWII and beyond as well as there will be a swing band playing after the battle for everyone to enjoy.

The 35th Infantry is looking forward to putting this event on and seeing folks come out and have a great time!

Also: WWII Vets get in for FREE!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: WWII Weekend at Graeme Park - May 5th and 6th!

That sounds really cool. How deep are you into it - do you have an actual character fleshed out? And what kind of gear do you have?

(Dauphin County)

I myself have my own character fleshed out, I have always been a fan of First Person Reenacting, particularly for public events but also for private tactical events (Impresses the Germans if/when you get captured )

As far as gear, I myself have all of the basic USGI gear for early and late war as well as a plethora of period and reproduction paperwork, assorted boxes (red cross candy, shaving cream, food stuffs, and etc), and much more which will all be on display.

As an aside, the 35th Infantry (and I'm sure other reenacting groups which will be there such as various other Allied units as well as Germans) will be recruiting new members at this event, so if WWII reenacting sounds like something that is up your alley (Riding in period vehicles, partaking in the liberation of Europe from the Hitlerites, and more!) feel free to inquire about joining our band of merry men!

(York County)

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

Sounds like a good time! But working the weekend!!
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Lancaster County)

I was looking forward to this but work got in the way. Have a good time guys

(Dauphin County)

Just a day-before reminder for everyone!

Just got home from setting up stuff at the park and it looks like it is going to be a good time! Hope you all can make it!

(Montgomery County)

I will probably be there tomorrow, be on the lookout.

(Dauphin County)

Come on by the registration tent, that is where I'll be. We may also have a smaller battle tomorrow, though I don't know if it will be a spectator battle at this time. The folks who attended got a real treat of a battle to watch today as the Allies attacked the German-held town, taking out their anti-tank gun with our bazooka and storming the town. Unfortunately the right flank got bogged down and the Germans managed to reinforce their main line of defense and turned the attack back.

Fun day had by all and even if there isn't a spectator battle tomorrow there will still be a good number of encampments around to take a look at and plenty of history to enjoy.

For those of you who missed it this year, we will be back again next year likely around the same time. When I get dates I'll post them up in case others would like to make a note of it!

(Dauphin County)

Sunday was another hit. We had a slow startup in the morning due to a lot of out-of-state reenactors having to leave to get them and their vehicles home and stowed. After rounding up who we had we put together a modified agenda for the day and from 12 PM on the day was great. We had many spectators and had one of our own from the forum stop by which was great, though he came fairly early and I'm not sure if he stayed and caught the good stuff.

There was plenty of weapons demos, US and German uniform, gear, and weapons explanations as well as vehicle display of the vehicles still left.

Lastly there was a formal remembrance ceremony for the survivors of Pearl Harbor with local military higher ups and WWII Veterans from the area with members of various US units forming a firing squad for the ceremony and firing three rounds in salute.

After that was another weapons demonstration and then the event concluded at about 2:30 PM.

All and all it was a great success and Graeme Park was very thankful for everyone that showed up to support the park and fund renovations and restorations of the buildings.

Much thanks from the 35th as well to all the spectators that showed up and we hope everyone had a great time despite the last-minute changes that had to happen.

We're also planning the WWII Weekend for next year and it will be bigger and better than this one so I'm looking forward to announcing the next date!