Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Thumbs up Moving to Chester County

Greetings everyone. Some of you may have seen me around PAFOA before, possibly in my self defense shooting thread. So, you know I'm no stranger to firearms, shooting, or carrying for self defense.

The time has come for me to move out of Delaware and get closer to my roots (Lititz). While I'm not moving all the way out to Lancaster County, I will be only seconds from it in Chester County. I'll still have ties to northern Delaware since I'll still be working there, and my kids live and go to school there. And I'll continue to be active in DELOC, too.

I really have missed the farmland, the greater feeling of being surrounded by nature, seeing Amish horses and buggies, and just living the seemingly simpler and laid-back way of life out there, so I can't wait to move!

I do plan on getting my LTCF as soon as possible. And since I've been OCing here in Delaware daily, I will probably continue to do so once in PA. Although I won't know what to do with myself with the option to conceal. LOL.

If anyone knows of any good gun ranges and gun stores near Gap, please let me know. And let me know if we're neighbors!

Thanks for reading, and I hope to be more of a contributor here.
    Dave (Co-Founder & Moderator: Delaware Open Carry)

Default Re: Moving to Chester County

Nice! My wife and I love to ride the back roads on our motorcycles in that area.
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by dave_in_delaware View Post
    ... I do plan on getting my LTCF as soon as possible. And since I've been OCing here in Delaware daily, I will probably continue to do so once in PA. Although I won't know what to do with myself with the option to conceal. LOL ....
    AND, after you move, a non-resident FL license will cover you in DE!
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Berks County)

Southern Chester County is being black topped sadly. Developments are being built everywhere, From Chaddsford to Lower Oxford and down to the Maryland border. To bad you weren't moving to Berks Co. We have a pro gun Sheriff and lots of shooting ranges.

I grew up in Chester Co. so it has roots for me. I hope your move goes well!!!!

...While I'm not moving all the way out to Lancaster County, I will be only seconds from it in Chester County. ....
    As a general rule, the further west you choose to reloacte in Chester County, the more opportunities you'll have to shoot. I go to Atglen (link), I recall there's a decent range in New Holland.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Chester County)

Welcome back to Penna., Dave.

I've checked in with deloc pretty regularly...helped make me more comfortable crossing the state line OC...

Village Arms is right in Gap, immediately south of 741.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    As a general rule, the further west you choose to reloacte in Chester County, the more opportunities you'll have to shoot. I go to Atglen (link), I recall there's a decent range in New Holland.
    Atglen looked to be full for 2012 already. I'll look into New holland. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
    AND, after you move, a non-resident FL license will cover you in DE!
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by saturnx View Post
    I grew up in Chester Co. so it has roots for me. I hope your move goes well!!!!
    I'm slowly getting closer to my roots. I was born and raised in Lititz (Lancaster County).

Quote Originally Posted by howard stiffy View Post
    Welcome back to Penna., Dave.

I've checked in with deloc pretty regularly...helped make me more comfortable crossing the state line OC...

Village Arms is right in Gap, immediately south of 741.
    I'm glad DELOC helped you.

I checked out Village Arms 2 weeks ago. Seems like a nice place. I think I may be spending some money there from time to time.

(Chester County)

I thought gap was in lancaster county. Regardless welcome! I am on the border as well in west caln. As far as shops go you have village arms right there just south of 30 on 41. About 30 minutes north you have kerpers on 625 and about 15-20 minutes east on 30 you have the downingtown gun shop. I got a guy in coatesville if you ever need an ffl. Clubs you are closest to are lancaster muzzleloading rifle association (lmlra) and Paradise sportsmen association. Both are on of south belmont just off of 741. There is new holland rifle and pistol club featuring 600 yard rifle lanes and also penn dutch sportsmans club that have 400 yard lanes. New holland and penn dutch also have shorter ranges and pistol ranges. Penn dutch has a clay range and bow range as well. Lancast muzzleloading rifle assoc has a woods walk if you are in to black powder. Let me know if you ever want to hook up to shoot some. I can fill you in on some restaurants too if you like. D

(Berks County)

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the range info. I'm looking into Penn-Dutch right now. Sounds like what I'm looking for. I'd love to meet up sometime to shoot, and get some restaurant pointers. Once I settle down (still moving), I'll have time to enjoy myself in the area more.

Quote Originally Posted by armyrecon View Post
    I thought gap was in lancaster county.
    The town of Gap is in Lancaster County, but the zip code bleeds into Chester County a little (kind of strange the way it does, but it is what it is. LOL). I live in that part of "Gap" over the county border.

If anyone knows of any good gun ranges and gun stores near Gap, please let me know. And let me know if we're neighbors!
    Dave, welcome to town. I'm in Gap as well. We have The Village Arm's (gun shop) right in town. I'm a member at Paradise Sportsman's Association off of S Belmont on 741. It's a nice range and cheap prices. It's only a 21 yard pistol range and 100 yard rifle range. But, what more do ya really need? There's also an area for clay shooting as well as archery. They have trails too if you're into hiking. I'm willing to give you a tour if you'd like. Just send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnx View Post
    To bad you weren't moving to Berks Co. We have a pro gun Sheriff and lots of shooting ranges.
    Lancaster also has a pro gun Sheriff. At least, we used to a couple years ago when I got my LTCF. I don't know who's Sheriff anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by armyrecon View Post
    I thought gap was in lancaster county. Regardless welcome! I am on the border as well in west caln. As far as shops go you have village arms right there just south of 30 on 41. About 30 minutes north you have kerpers on 625 and about 15-20 minutes east on 30 you have the downingtown gun shop. I got a guy in coatesville if you ever need an ffl. Clubs you are closest to are lancaster muzzleloading rifle association (lmlra) and Paradise sportsmen association. Both are on of south belmont just off of 741. There is new holland rifle and pistol club featuring 600 yard rifle lanes and also penn dutch sportsmans club that have 400 yard lanes. New holland and penn dutch also have shorter ranges and pistol ranges. Penn dutch has a clay range and bow range as well. Lancast muzzleloading rifle assoc has a woods walk if you are in to black powder. Let me know if you ever want to hook up to shoot some. I can fill you in on some restaurants too if you like. D
    I think D got alot covered in this post. Show off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast