Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Philadelphia Gun Buy Back 4/28/2012

EDIT: New Location/Event.. See Post #20 http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/168...ml#post1980257

Not a whole lot of info.. But if anyone is interested.. They are offering 100$. So its time to trade in some of those 50$ nagants, LoL.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-broad-street/

By Paul Kurtz

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Tomorrow, the Philadelphia Police Department is holding its first gun buyback program of 2012.

Lt. Ray Evers says police in South Philadelphia will be teaming up with a local supermarket and a community group to conduct the guns-for-food-vouchers swap.

“We’re meeting at Broad and Washington Avenues, the northeast corner,” Evers told KYW Newsradio today. “We’ll have Philadelphia police officers there, organizers from Philadelphia Safety Net will be there. We’re collecting guns. We’re asking that you just put it in a paper bag, bring it. There’s no questions asked, and you get a $100 food voucher for Brown’s ShopRites.”

Every gun that’s collected is melted down. Evers says the buyback program has been a win-win for everyone involved, with more than six thousand guns collected since 2008.
    Last edited by Pkspawn; April 21st, 2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Update event info
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Gun Buy Back 3/31/2012

Buying everyone's guns. Any condition. Paying 50$. FTF only.
    Oh wait. Food voucher? nevermind. Screw it. Keep your junk guns.

By the way, if there is FFL, PICS checks or Sheriff present. They're all breaking State & Federal law by accepting those firearms without proper transfer. This is a perfect illustration of how completely brain-dead stupid the PPD actually is.
    Last edited by ByblosHex; March 30th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    Not a whole lot of info.. But if anyone is interested.. They are offering 100$. So its time to trade in some of those 50$ nagants, LoL.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-broad-street/
    A WIN, WIN for everyone? I guess if you used a gun to kill som,eone and you wanted to get rud of it that would be teh place to go no questions asked and a free meal included. What dipshit thought up rthis program and where are they getting the money to pay for this as if I didn't know.

(Chester County)

The last time I stepping into a shoprite I was certain that I needed to carry a gun.

(Montgomery County)

It would be a long walk, but maybe I will go check it out and visit the Franklin Institute tomorrow. See if I can get video again.

They don't believe they are breaking the law because they are technically not buying the guns. They are just acting as the middle person to destroying them.

I would suggest calling the police and reporting the illegal activity, but if you mention gun and a police officer goes and shoots someone there.. You might get arrested for murder.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    It would be a long walk, but maybe I will go check it out and visit the Franklin Institute tomorrow. See if I can get video again.
    They don't believe they are breaking the law because they are technically not buying the guns. They are just acting as the middle person to destroying them.
    I would suggest calling the police and reporting the illegal activity, but if you mention gun and a police officer goes and shoots someone there.. You might get arrested for murder.
    The transfer is illegal, period. There is no exception for 'not buying guns', and they are, in fact, buying them.
    http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...r-of-firearms/

(Tioga County)

Do you honestly believe that "every gun that’s collected is melted down"?

If I wasn't working and had some extra $$, I'd go set up my own table. Maybe I could get some "assault rifles" with "banana clips".
    MikeP

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    Do you honestly believe that "every gun that’s collected is melted down"?

If I wasn't working and had some extra $$, I'd go set up my own table. Maybe I could get some "assault rifles" with "banana clips".
    If it wasn't the first day of Trout season, I'd head down there myself. Might be able to pick up a decent gun on the cheap....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Dauphin County)

It's shame I got rid of those old busted and worthless (I checked) shotguns (ok, one was more like shotgun pieces) from my grandparents' attic years ago. I could have gotten some food money.

And of course Philly would have been thrilled to have three more "dangerous guns off the streets".
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Most of the guns are probably stolen, many from legal owners....and then the $100 food cards are probably sold to people on CL for like $75, and then the $75 goes to buy drugs or more guns.

LOL.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast