Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (McKean County)

Default Class 3 dealers near Bradford Pa?

I have an arsenal 106U that I'm in the process of getting a tax stamp for (form 1).
    Today I stopped at Allegany Arsenal (a class 3 dealer in bradford), and asked the owner if they could do my trust engraving and cut and crown the barrel once I got my tax stamp in. The owner said that "that is something we don't do at this time".
    My question is; does anyone know of any other class 3 dealers anywhere close to bradford that would be able to do this type of work? I'd rather have the work done by a pro than attempt cutting and recrowning the barrel myself.
    I live a little less than 2 hours east of Erie PA in Mckean county and wouldn't mind traveling 2 hrs. or so to get the work done.
    I haven't even got my stamp back yet, but I'd like to call around and start laying the groundwork so I can get my krink chopped ASAP once I do get the tax stamp.
    Thanks for any help.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Class 3 dealers near Bradford Pa?

You need a gunsmith more than you need a class 3 dealer. Class 3 dealers aren't necessarily manufacturers or gunsmiths. If you have your completed paperwork, you should be able to find a gunsmith who can do the chop and crown. Some of them may shy away from it if they're not familiar with the Form 1 process and legality. Engraving can be done by anyone with the proper equipment. Check your yellow pages for jewelers or trophy shops, they usually have that kind of equipment.

Or, you could always get a set of hand stamps and do it yourself.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(McKean County)

Only problem is none of the gunsmiths around here are familiar with the whole class 3 thing. Everyone (even gun dealers) around here thinks that ANY SBR/SBS/AOW are illegal.
    My best hope was for Allegany Arsenal's gunsmith to do the chop for me, but since that isn't an option, my hope is to find either a class 3 dealer with a gunsmith or a gunsmith who's familiar with class 3 laws. The engraving isn't a problem as I've found a local shop that will do the engraving.
    Best bet for me would be to find something in Erie, since we go shopping there every month or so. I wouldn't even mind waiting for a non-class 3 gunsmith to do the work (since I wouldn't be able to leave it), for all the longer it would take to do a simple cut and crown.

So, anyone know of a class 3 dealer with a gunsmith near Erie, or a gunsmith who's aware of the whole tax stamp thing?
    Thanks again guys.

This was an issue with another member a while ago. He had a hard time finding a smith to cut the barrel for the same reason. I think he ended up shipping it out.

Did you try Tex's on 59?
    Also try calling Rytek in Emporium. I was in their once, and he seemed knowledgeable.
    I think his main business is custom competition rifles.
    FUCK BIDEN

(McKean County)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try giving them a call and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by O.C. 4 U View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll try giving them a call and see what they say.
    Keep us posted!

BTW:

Allegheny Arsenal couldn't recommend anyone? I too would have thought that would have been a good bet.
    FUCK BIDEN

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Keep us posted!

BTW:

Allegheny Arsenal couldn't recommend anyone? I too would have thought that would have been a good bet.
    No, and I was surprised myself. I might stop back with the 106 in hand so he knows what I'm talking about. The owner seemed to think I was talking about chopping a regular 47 and remounting the front sight. I tried to explain to him that all they would need to do is chop the extended barrel off, when he just kinda brushed me off with "we don't do that at this time".
    I hope he's able to help me; but if not, it's his loss. I'll just take my class 3 needs elsewhere, even if I have to drive to Erie.
    I plan on picking up a couple of suppressors and another SBR once I lose my tax stamp cherry with the Krink.

(Northampton County)

Smith Specialty Arms are suppressor experts and have serviced the top tier on this website. I know they know a gunsmith who is into Class 3, nice guy, but I don't know what he does. They probably know others as well. All of this is a couple dozen miles NW of Allentown, which is very far from you.

(Erie County)

Not sure how the OP made out on this, but I think Acme Ammo is a Class III dealer, and you can try Roy crum out on Kendell ave for a gun smith