Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default SR1911 in york county

I wasn't sure where to post tips. I just left Laymans gun shop in East Prospect and they got some packages in.
    One of these was a Ruger SR1911 ( stainless w/ wood grips) fresh from Ruger. They have it marked at $750.
    I hope this helps somebody fill their dream. You can call them at 717-252-4573.

(Blair County)

Default Re: SR1911 in york county

$750?

I'll take a Springfield Loaded first.

(York County)

I know, but some people want them and they're hard to find. Worse case, someone could offer them less for it, all they can say is no, right ?

(Lancaster County)

While I agree the price is high, it is worth every penny of $750.

Mine has been fantastic in every way.

(Dauphin County)

Worth it I'm sure, but a few more pennies than I have at the moment. Well more than I can get away with spending at the gun store anyway. I'll have to find something shiny to distract the GF.

(York County)

Layman's can shove it, right along with their overpriced EVERYTHING.

They sit in the middle of Hicksville, PA and think that everyone is dumb enough to be raped at the register because they are the only place around.
    NEWSFLASH: I can get ANYTHING cheaper on the internet and have it shipped to StonyBrook Shooting Supplies, Backwoods Outfitters, etc. Even with shipping and transfer fees, it still beats Layman's.

Nothing like paying full MSRP + 10%, AND a enjoy snide remarks from guy behind the counter.

I decided to vote with my wallet back a few years ago during the ammo shortage when I saw Layman's charging $50.00 a box for Russian made .45 ACP ammo!! I haven't gone back since.

No thanks!!

(York County)

Layman's is known to gouge at times. And with the elections being so close, it's his excuse to raise some of his firearm prices. I stop in there once in a while since he's right down the road from me in "Hicksville" but so far I've only purchased one firearm from him. For the most part his prices are not great but competitive with the local shops. I probably wouldn't look to buy a gun from him anytime soon.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by armedcitizen View Post
    Layman's is known to gouge at times. And with the elections being so close, it's his excuse to raise some of his firearm prices. I stop in there once in a while since he's right down the road from me in "Hicksville" but so far I've only purchased one firearm from him. For the most part his prices are not great but competitive with the local shops. I probably wouldn't look to buy a gun from him anytime soon.
    Oh don't feel bad; I'm from that area and bought several guns from him when I was young and didn't know any better, and before Stonybrook opened and before I knew about Backwoods in Columbia. Haha......hey, are you old enough to remember that little tiny gun shop in Yorkanna (actually Delroy) next to the old Firefighter pond (next to old huge Yorkanna Church)???? I think it was called "Skips", and it closed about 2002. They were small, but had some cool stuff in there and the one guy that worked in there was a gun nut!!!

Sorry, but I don't think Layman's is competitive with ANYONE. The only other place that is higher than Layman's is Freedom Armory, and I'll never go back there again either.

- The Delta Force

(Lancaster County)

I work in the York area, and for price I dont think you can beat Hakes in wrightsville, but Im also a big fan of Stoneybrook.

I love 1911's but Im not sure i understand the hype about the ruger, for that kind of cash id take a SA Range officer, am I missing something?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeltaForce View Post
    Oh don't feel bad; I'm from that area and bought several guns from him when I was young and didn't know any better, and before Stonybrook opened and before I knew about Backwoods in Columbia. Haha......hey, are you old enough to remember that little tiny gun shop in Yorkanna (actually Delroy) next to the old Firefighter pond (next to old huge Yorkanna Church)???? I think it was called "Skips", and it closed about 2002. They were small, but had some cool stuff in there and the one guy that worked in there was a gun nut!!!

Sorry, but I don't think Layman's is competitive with ANYONE. The only other place that is higher than Layman's is Freedom Armory, and I'll never go back there again either.

- The Delta Force
    I'm turning 38 in a few months so maybe not. I bought my first firearm from Backwoods at a York gun show when I was 21, during the Clinton era. We had to wait 5 days back then, it was a Ruger P89 9mm. I do most of my purchases at Stonybrook, John is a good guy and easy to get along with. He had that Ruger SR1911 in the shop months ago, it seemed like a solid looking shooter but I don't know much about 1911's. Other than I want one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast