Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default .22lr suppressor -- brand and dealer recommendation in central pa

Hey all

Looking for a .22lr supprssor for a gsg1911-22 and a m&p 15-22 rifle.

Live in Carlisle, PA, and i a, regularly in sunbury, PA. So anywhere around those two places is convenient.

Which brand should i be looking into, though? Id like to be able to take it apart to clean it myself if possible.

Thanks.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: .22lr suppressor -- brand and dealer recommendation in central pa

most cost effective...yhm mite......
    Quietest.....Silencerco sparrow, SWR warlock 2 (almost as cheap as yhm too!)
    most .22 cans by any of the bigger makers are all good AAC, gemtec,liberty

(Delaware County)

Try to buy one from a dealer with it in stock. You'll eliminate the extra 3 month transfer time doing it that way.

Being here on the East side of PA, I really can't help with a dealer.

EDIT: I bought the Sparrow for my .22, just for the ease of cleaning.
    Last edited by thundrr1; April 23rd, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Monroe County)

SilencerCo sparrow, Gemtech Alpine or Outback IID, SWR Specter will serve you well..

(Lancaster County)

I like Gemtech suppressors myself. Their G5 works quite well on the M&P 15-22. You can check out Lanco Tactical in Elizabethtown. He has several suppressors in stock, and as thundrr1 said, this can cut out some of your wait.

Try Erik at middlecreekshootingsupply.com. Its on rt 35 between the race track and freeburg. tell him steven sent ya.

He is a new dealer for supressors and full auto.

(Bucks County)

The Sparrow is the best choice for ease of disassembly and cleaning, but definitely not the cheapest. I have a TAC-65 that was very inexpensive, and I'm more than happy with it. It does come apart for cleaning, but not very easily. If I had to do it again I would probably hold out for the Sparrow.

AAC element and the silencerco sparrow are probably going to be your two best choices for 22lr. Also the most expensive. I have an element and love it. Sounds great on pistols and rifles. Comes apart for cleaning. I dont own a sparrow but have read all goods things about it. Sounds good and even easier to clean then the element. The only bad thing I have read about the sparrow is the first round pop. You should check out silencertalk.com lots of good info.

The best advise you are going to get. Is don't skimp when buying a suppressor. Most of the lower end cans are not all that quiet or don't come apart or are made with cheaper metals. You are going to have a lot of time invested plus your stamp fee. If you buy something and decide you don't like it you can't just turn around and sell it off like a gun. There really isn't a secondary market for used suppressors. If you decide to sell it you will lose a good chunk of money.

Buy once cry once!

(Lycoming County)

I second the Tac65, cheap and pretty quiet. Check out Matt Somerville he had Hunterstown arms or something like that very similar to the Tac65 cheap. He posts here in the NFA classifieds and is fairly close to you. I bought my YHM 7.62 QD can from him and had a smooth transaction.

(Westmoreland County)

Yes, the Huntertown Arms cans are realllll decent for the money. They are quiet, inexpensive, and durable. I've sold a collassal ton of them based upon their performance and cost.

The Guardian 22 is only $199 and performs just as well as more expensive cans. The only con is the fact that the can is all AL and can't be cleaned with harsh stuff.

The Kestrel 22 is $399, is stainless, and can be used on FN 5.7x28, .22 Hornet, and anything smaller. A pretty good value IMHO.

Form 3 transfers are taking about 6-8 weeks right now, so if a dealer has to order the can it's not terrible, only about another 1.5 month on top of your already ridiculous 7-8 month wait now.

Here's the Guardian 22 on a Sig Mosquito right next to an AAC Prodigy. The Guardian is just a hair bigger, but is as quiet if not more quiet than the much more expensive monocore Prodigy.

Last edited by cds_arms; April 24th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast