Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: .22lr suppressor -- brand and dealer recommendation in central pa

how long is this extended ATF wait going to last? Is it just going to keep getting worse and worse? Like they'll be down to one reviewer with a 5 year wait?
    [account deactivated]

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    how long is this extended ATF wait going to last? Is it just going to keep getting worse and worse? Like they'll be down to one reviewer with a 5 year wait?
    LOL, hard to say...

They're down to 3 examiners from the normal 12. My sources say they're training some new examiners now.

The examiners definitely aren't salaried lol... I've had forms approved on Sat and Sundays, and checks cashed all days of the week. They're definitely working pretty hard, but numbers say that the forms coming in have doubled so it's no easy task.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    LOL, hard to say...

They're down to 3 examiners from the normal 12. My sources say they're training some new examiners now.

The examiners definitely aren't salaried lol... I've had forms approved on Sat and Sundays, and checks cashed all days of the week. They're definitely working pretty hard, but numbers say that the forms coming in have doubled so it's no easy task.
    Oh im sure. Im not a paranoid conspiracy theorist thinking this is some government ploy against NFA ownership. I mean, the gov is making mucho denero on this. However, government is known for dragging its feet a bit within the brass. I know the worker bees usually get beat on pretty hard. Its like guys that work on the road. Yeah, some of the lard asses on the rollers do jack shit and the guys leaning on the shovels. But Ive worked on the roads before, and let me tell you....ive worked my ass off. I actually had heat stroke from working on the road.

So I'm sure those guys and gals work hard. I just simply want faster turn around times! lol

OH, and I'm gonna look you up. I want to start my search again for a .22lr suppressor. Since ECGS went under, my plans got foiled. I should have my suppressor by now if it werent for all that balony. Is it legal for you to send the forms to me? And when my stuff is in I drive out to pick it up?
    [account deactivated]

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    Oh im sure. Im not a paranoid conspiracy theorist thinking this is some government ploy against NFA ownership. I mean, the gov is making mucho denero on this. However, government is known for dragging its feet a bit within the brass. I know the worker bees usually get beat on pretty hard. Its like guys that work on the road. Yeah, some of the lard asses on the rollers do jack shit and the guys leaning on the shovels. But Ive worked on the roads before, and let me tell you....ive worked my ass off. I actually had heat stroke from working on the road.

So I'm sure those guys and gals work hard. I just simply want faster turn around times! lol

OH, and I'm gonna look you up. I want to start my search again for a .22lr suppressor. Since ECGS went under, my plans got foiled. I should have my suppressor by now if it werent for all that balony. Is it legal for you to send the forms to me? And when my stuff is in I drive out to pick it up?
    I think we all want faster turnaround times!

I did some Form 1's just a year or so ago, and they came back approved in 10 weeks. Now we're looking at 6-8+ months for any Form 1's or 4's. It certainly isn't fast...

Feel free to look me up, I shouldn't be too hard to find lol.

Yes, it is legal for a dealer to mail forms back and forth to a customer.

In a nutshell, a customer would pick out what they want from a dealer and pay for said item. The dealer would order the can if needed and fill out the form 4 with the correct information for that unit. The dealer would then send the customer the Form 4's to get signed by them and the CLEO, and also send the fingerprint cards and certification of residency forms to be filled out by the customer. The customer would then get signatures, prints, and pictures and mail back the forms to the dealer along with their $200 check to the ATF. The dealer would double check everything, sign off on the Form 4's, write in the serial number if needed, and mail everything out to the ATF. Once the approved Form 4 comes back from the ATF, the customer can then go to the dealer's place of business, fill out an ATF form 4473 (no PICS check on a can in PA) and take the can home with them. The whole process would take the normal 6-8+ month wait time we're currently experiencing.

The ATF does (did) have a provision for a 'non-over-the-counter-sales', however the form is no longer being distributed and the process is antiquated. A dealer used to be able to mail a firearm direct to a customer's house if the customer provided a special form (similar to a 4473) that was signed off by their CLEO. That saved the customer the trip and allowed everything to be done by mail. The ATF doesn't quite like that process anymore.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Sounds good man, I'll hit ya up when I'm ready.
    [account deactivated]

Anyone know who sells Silencerco Sparrows in or around SEPA?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Call Harrison at Defense Resources, 267-544-0774.

(Dauphin County)

OP- Trop Gun Shop in Elizabethtown had several Silencerco Sparrows in stock in May [minus the one that I bought ]. They also had Gemtech Alpines, TAC-65s, and another type that I forgot.

(Chester County)

TargetMaster is also a dealer of the Sparrow.

I'm sure Pat at Kings Shooters in King of Prussia can get you hooked up. Great people to deal with. She makes everything easy and painless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast