Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: PA Gun Purchase Denial for a M1 conviction

Give a dog a bad name and he will live up to it.
    Repeal the 17th Amendment

(Erie County)

I know how the original poster feels. Back in 2000,I was hit with an M1. endangering the welfare of a child. Before you jump all over me thinking I am some evil bastard that locked his kid in the basement,please let me explain. I was on my way to work,I was an armed guard on a armored car,my wife was on her way home from work,and in the 30 minute that the kids were home alone,we had a house fire. I lost my son,and it was election year for the DA here in my neck of the woods. Now I am being told that I cannot buy a firearm,which I agree with the poster here,is a violation of the us and commonwealth constitution. I did talk to an attorney, and for 2500.00 he can fill out the paperwork,send it in, and NOT represent me at a pardon hearing.

Is there any way I can get a waiver from the local judge or the capital? Or possibly have the M1 reduced?

I want to try this for my situation. The police report (I have copy)in my case proves the amount stolen was less than $50 but M1 shows up on my record. I need to have it corrected or clarified.
    Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    Any idea on the actual value of the mountain bike? I have been successful in such situations filing a motion to correct/clarify the grading/sentence, where either the grading was not specified or where the grading was incorrect. Usually, the DA will consent and the Judge will rubber stamp it. All depends on the facts...

(Bucks County)

Necro thread, but I am always more than annoyed at deliberate criminal acts being labeled a "mistake". A mistake is when you thought you locked your car and later find that you didn't. The guy who tried your car door to see if it was unlocked, found it so, entered and took the two bucks from the ashtray did NOT make a mistake.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ppat View Post
    I want to try this for my situation. The police report (I have copy)in my case proves the amount stolen was less than $50 but M1 shows up on my record. I need to have it corrected or clarified.
    You already have your own thread started about your situation, Ppat. You don't need to dredge up old threads when you can copy/past from them to your thread.

Thread locked.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234