Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carrying in Gettysburg

IIRC you cannot carry in a building that federal employees work.

However you can carry in a building such as a restroom facility as there are no federal workers there.

(Bucks County)

The Artillery Ridge stables have some nice rides through the battlefield. I got lucky (I'm an experienced rider who owns his own horse) and was assigned a big black Percheron, so I got a general's-eye-view of the wheat-field, Pickett's charge, etc. Reserve early, they do sell out.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    IIRC you cannot carry in a building that federal employees work.

However you can carry in a building such as a restroom facility as there are no federal workers there.
    The park carry law says that no-go zones are supposed to be clearly posted.

I've seen some parks that have posted bathroom structures, and some that haven't.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Carbon County)

May I suggest for anyone making the trek down I-81 to get to Gettysburg a quick stop at Ft Indiantown Gap National cemetery. Its sad that it is holding so many funerals as of late. I go there several times a year for work to service some of the equipment that is used on site. No matter how bad my day is going for what is happening at home or work, I hear the sound of the shots fired and the bugle call and everything is quickly put into perspective. Its closer than Arlington.. but that should not be missed, the changing of the guards should be seen on a rainy, stormy day. Its impressive normally! bad weather and its still the same..
    that said.. Gettysburg is great.. been there several times and I'm overdue to go back..

GB is an excellent place to spend some vacation time. The history there is beyond satisfying. For me, my personal connection is that the old timer in my sig pic (GGG Grandpappy) fought there and was captured by the Yankees. Was wounded in his left foot. I find it personally satisfying to go there and track his Regiment's whereabouts. Anyway, tons of history there an be sure to visit the town shops. Enjoy!!
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Adams County)

The PA Monument was always a source of pride for me. When I was growing up in Ohio, it was really something special to come to Gettysburg and see my great-great-granddad's name on the Pa. Monument. He was only about 14 when he enlisted and was wounded twice at Gettysburg.

When I moved to Maryland it came to me that Gettysburg was in my back yard. And now I live in Pa. just 10 miles from Gettysburg and I made sure to go see the wonderful Electric Map before they took it away. It's fun to go see the battlefield with my out-of-town relatives when they come to visit.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    May I suggest for anyone making the trek down I-81 to get to Gettysburg a quick stop at Ft Indiantown Gap National cemetery. Its sad that it is holding so many funerals as of late. I go there several times a year for work to service some of the equipment that is used on site. No matter how bad my day is going for what is happening at home or work, I hear the sound of the shots fired and the bugle call and everything is quickly put into perspective. Its closer than Arlington.. but that should not be missed, the changing of the guards should be seen on a rainy, stormy day. Its impressive normally! bad weather and its still the same..
    that said.. Gettysburg is great.. been there several times and I'm overdue to go back..
    i have been to Ft. Indiantown Gap a few times, couldn't agree more....
    "No man's life,liberty,or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -Mark Twain

(Lehigh County)

Can't help but think that if all the men that fought and died at Gettysburg found out it would be illegal one day to even have a gun in your possession while there, would think "What the hell are we fighting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by snoman View Post
    Can't help but think that if all the men that fought and died at Gettysburg found out it would be illegal one day to even have a gun in your possession while there, would think "What the hell are we fighting for?"
    A republic. If you can keep it.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    May I suggest for anyone making the trek down I-81 to get to Gettysburg a quick stop at Ft Indiantown Gap National cemetery. Its sad that it is holding so many funerals as of late.
    The new National Cemetery on Washington Crossing Road in Newtown is also filling up fast.

All those WWII, Korea, and now even VietNam vets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast