Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Viz Sights?

(Snyder County)

Default Hi Viz Sights?

Anyone here use the Hi-Viz sights on thier ccw? Need night sights for the XD and was wondering how well they work.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Hi Viz Sights?

I had Hi-Viz sights on my CZ-85 Compact (that I regrettably sold - Ain't that always the truth......ya regret sellin' every handgun!)

I liked the Hi-Viz's.

See Pics.

Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Snyder County)

Gary, how well did they work in low to no light?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by kid1911 View Post
    Gary, how well did they work in low to no light?
    Just read a good article on combat sights. And this is what the guy recommended over night sights. The bright front sight is quicker to pick up they say. It made sense when I read the article.

But, I'm like you. How are they in low light. No light???? I probably can't see my target to shoot anyway. But I am wondering about a dark street at night say. Do they appear to glow? Do they gather available light well?

I'm getting ready to put something on my XD and I'm still not sure what to go with.

I have night sights on the P-11 and they are impressive outside at night.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    But, I'm like you. How are they in low light. No light???? I probably can't see my target to shoot anyway. But I am wondering about a dark street at night say. Do they appear to glow? Do they gather available light well?
    They don't do anything in really low or no light, but they're far superior in regular light. Shine a flashlight near them at the right angle and they do light up though.

I'm getting ready to put something on my XD and I'm still not sure what to go with.
    Get the best of both worlds, Tru-Glo TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic)...it has fiber optic sights for daylight shooting with Tritium in front of it to make the sights glow at night. The people over at XD-talk seem to rave about them.

(Snyder County)

Here's a good article I found on combat sights that include the hi viz and tru glo sights.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/tactics_t...207/index.html

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    They don't do anything in really low or no light, but they're far superior in regular light. Shine a flashlight near them at the right angle and they do light up though.
    Been doing some reading. And this is what I have found out. Not much good indoors or at night

Get the best of both worlds, Tru-Glo TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic)...it has fiber optic sights for daylight shooting with Tritium in front of it to make the sights glow at night. The people over at XD-talk seem to rave about them.
    Now this sounds like it might be what I am looking for. I don't see them offered at the XD sight. I'll have to shop around and see where I can get them installed.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by kid1911 View Post
    Here's a good article I found on combat sights that include the hi viz and tru glo sights.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/tactics_t...207/index.html
    Same article that I read. The Tru Glo TFO's are going to get a looking at. Sounds like the best of both worlds.

(Snyder County)

I have to agree the Tru Glo TFO's like like the way to go for the XD. Now I need to find a set for the 1911.

(Berks County)

I put a set of TFOs on my G19 and I absolutely love them. They are great in ALL light conditions. I'll be putting them on all of my handguns that I can get them for and will be talking to a gunsmith about modifying the slide of my Hi-Powers to put a set on them as well.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast