Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gander Mountain

(Chester County)

Default Re: Gander Mountain

They charged a guy i did a trade with $75 for a transfer. I'll never use them for another transfer, even if i have to drive another 30 miles!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by armyrecon View Post
    They charged a guy i did a trade with $75 for a transfer. I'll never use them for another transfer, even if i have to drive another 30 miles!
    Gander mountain is the biggest ripoff ever.
    Ever since the ammo shortage, when i seen them sell a box of 45 ACP(winchester whitebox 50 count) for 57.00 I have not stepped foot in there since. They are ripoffs for new guns and occasionally the had a deal on used ones.
    But I do not spend any money there anymore.
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Westmoreland County)

I took a pistol in to them to see what they would give me for it just to see what kind of a offer they would make.

The pistol cost me $600 it was new never fired they offered me $200

Its hard to imagine how they stay in business but they sale lots of stuff anyway

If somebody needs cash like now or somebody that has guns left to them and don't know the value is how they make out big time.

Then theres people that have unrestricted funds that don't care about the cost. They see it they like it they buy it.

They also offer a credit card so that gets them lots of sales also.

They must be doing OK the way they are doing things so I don't see them making any changes.

Being a big chain store you would think they could offer better prices and make up the profit in volume sales.

I still go there once in awhile to look at stuff I'm interested in. Then order on line or local gun store that has more reasonable prices

The one I went to wanted $17.00 for a 20 rd box of 62gr 556 ammo. I tried finding someone there to ask if it was a misprint, but the two guys in the back room were more intent on racking the slide on a pump instead of dealing with customers.
    Hold the Line...

I bought my benelli there for exactly how much it was going for everywhere else. But Gander was the only one that had one and I wanted it NOW. But I agree that generally their prices suck. I like shopping for rifles and shotguns there because out of all the shops around here, they are the only ones that have the rifles and shotguns where you can get to them. That means I don't need a salesperson just to hold them and makes it much faster for me.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Lackawanna County)

I agree that Gander Mountain should be avoided. Overpriced and lousy service. Out of curiosity once I brought in my lightly used Springfield GI 1911. They offered me $300 for it. Do not let them rip you off. The guy who was working there basically told me that it would be a rip off if I sold it to them. They have some sort of chart they have to follow when they buy used guns based on what they think they can sell it for and what % profit they are required to get from the re-sale.

(Clarion County)

Found in the news bout Gander in Wisconsin:

CHANGE IN VENUE FOR NRA-ILA WORKSHOPS!
    Host Venue Caves to Anti-gun Pressure and Cancels
    Dear Wisconsin NRA Member:
    Anti-gun activists bombarded Gander Mountain with bullying phone calls and emails regarding this week’s planned NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops, urging them to cancel. Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots-Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday May 16.
    Despite these efforts to silence NRA-ILA and gun owners in Wisconsin, we have rescheduled these events. It is now MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER to take a stand in support of freedom and Gov. Walker by attending one of these Workshops. Show our opponents we will not be silenced!
    We encourage you to join us at these new locations and prove to these anti-gun activists that gun owners in Wisconsin will not be silenced. Now more than ever it is important that you attend one of our FREE workshops and invite every NRA member that you know to attend!
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12