Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face embarassing encounter tonight

i went to a viewing for my friend's dad tonight so i went in concealed. i walked in and went to pay my respect to his dad and the family. after about 5min or so there people started staring at me. in my head i was like wtf are they staring at? is my gun showing?. i reach for my waist and tug at my shirt to make sure that my gun wasn't showing.. about 10min later when my sister showed up everyone was still looking at me.. my sister had a smile on her face walked up to me and said "hey your flies is down and your shirt is sticking through it" now i am beat red walked in the bathroom and sure enough my tucked in shirt was sticking a mile out of my zipper opening.. WTF no one care to tell me this as i was standing there with my friend... i feel so freaken embarrass .. just had to share to give you all a good laugh at my expense
    Last edited by TaurusPT140; April 20th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: embarassing encounter tonight

While I'm sure you were embarrassed, I'm willing to bet some of the folks there needed something like that in their life at that moment.

That's what happens when you do things on the fly.

(Delaware County)

That isn't what they mean by open carry.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

Don't sweat it. People laugh at funerals, most won't admit it, but they do. It's human. If you are a believer, the funeral is one of the happiest dates in a lifetime. My Mom and My dad's funerals were two of the most fun, endearing moments my family got to have in years. Both had suffered horribly with cancers and both were believers, so their passing , while sad, was also joyous. Non-believers will not understand this.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Don't sweat it. People laugh at funerals, most won't admit it, but they do. It's human. If you are a believer, the funeral is one of the happiest dates in a lifetime. My Mom and My dad's funerals were two of the most fun, endearing moments my family got to have in years. Both had suffered horribly with cancers and both were believers, so their passing , while sad, was also joyous. Non-believers will not understand this.
    This is so true at my parents funerals it was more like a family reunion/party than a sad event

(Bucks County)

Well I guess you know you're a seasoned carrier when you remember to conceal your gun but nothing else.....
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Monroe County)

Its also a Cultural thing, i noticed that out here in PA, no one will tell you that your fly is open either male or Females, in New York even strange women that i dont know will kind of santer up to me and say hey your fly is open and the males too will have no problem doing it. Out here they will look at you but they will not say anything, its like holding the door open for someone out here , they never say thanks either males or females.

THe other day after work i stopped at Walmart to shop not knowing that my fly were open, in the meat aisle i noticed a woman looking down at me right then i knew omg i did it again.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I am an atheist, but I do see the good in an end to suffering. To me, death is simply a natural part of the cycle of life. IMO, a loved one's death is not only a time to be sad for that person and grieve, but also a time to remember the good times, reminisce, and be happy. It's what most people would want, too. I personally don't want people depressed at my funeral, I would much rather they chatted about memories and had a little fun.

(Luzerne County)

Even though they will never show it I'm sure you gave one or two old ladies something to smile about when they got home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast