Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 9mm and 22

(Cumberland County)

Default New 9mm and 22

So like many, I'm always looking for something new - still waiting for the Springfield XDs and getting annoyed
    Has anyone heard, seen or touched either the new S&W M&P Shield or the new Ruger 22/45 Lite Mark III ? Any thoughts on either ?

Default Re: New 9mm and 22

Shield review-
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...d-range-report

From the pics, it looks barely smaller than an M&Pc, but much slimmer and for a carry weapon, that can be very important for some. I think its one of the big reasons a lot of people like carrying theyre 1911s'.

I thought it was a pretty good review. You guys can make up your own minds.

(Cumberland County)

$449 on line for the Shield, thought it was a pretty good price. I've seen the MKIII lite for $400-$420 so far online. Still trying to find out when the XDs will actually ship and how deep dealers will be gouging. Gun should go for $549 or so, but from what I've heard, we can probably expect $625 or so while they are new!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    $449 on line for the Shield, thought it was a pretty good price. I've seen the MKIII lite for $400-$420 so far online. Still trying to find out when the XDs will actually ship and how deep dealers will be gouging. Gun should go for $549 or so, but from what I've heard, we can probably expect $625 or so while they are new!
    Did you check with Rich at Mechanicsburg Ordinance? His cash prices a always fair, it's a question of what his suppliers have at the time.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Centre County)

Let me know when the version comes out WITHOUT the manual safety. I'm immediately interested and would purchase, like, right now, if it wasn't for that appendage. I wish you the best of luck finding one and it looks like a great pistola.

(PS... I know I could just not use it, but I'd rather it not be there at all)

(PPS... Glock, where my single stack 9mm offering from your lazy asses?? HUH! WHERE??)
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Let me know when the version comes out WITHOUT the manual safety. I'm immediately interested and would purchase, like, right now, if it wasn't for that appendage.
    Dont hold your breath, from what I hear, there are NO plans for a non-safety model. Like you said, just dont use it.

Or, dont buy one.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Or, dont buy one.
    It'll be this....

(Looks like my fat ol' M&P9c will have to do....)
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    Did you check with Rich at Mechanicsburg Ordinance? His cash prices a always fair, it's a question of what his suppliers have at the time.
    I always check with him first ! Unless the price is outrageous for some reason, I go with him ! Even if on line is a little cheaper, would rather stay local, and the transfer price difference usually makes up any on line savings. Now if someone is doing "crazy" pricing - I won't pass that up, and he just makes a little more money off me from transfer - lol.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Let me know when the version comes out WITHOUT the manual safety. I'm immediately interested and would purchase, like, right now, if it wasn't for that appendage. I wish you the best of luck finding one and it looks like a great pistola.

(PS... I know I could just not use it, but I'd rather it not be there at all)

(PPS... Glock, where my single stack 9mm offering from your lazy asses?? HUH! WHERE??)
    The safety on the shield is very un-assuming, not like the other M&P's. I personally like a safety, and for me, this is the best of both worlds, there if I want it, but not a big paddle type like the other M&P versions so if I don't want it, hardly know it's there !

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cruzans; April 20th, 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: better pic

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    The safety on the shield is very un-assuming, not like the other M&P's. I personally like a safety, and for me, this is the best of both worlds, there if I want it, but not a big paddle type like the other M&P versions so if I don't want it, hardly know it's there !
    Its cool if you like it. I think the problem is, its too damn small. I get the fact that they were trying to keep the package as slim as possible but, I think you run into the issue of having trouble manipulating such a small, hardly there, safety, should you NEED to flick it off.

At the range, no big deal. But, this is a carry gun and if you run into trouble trying to fumble with a safety when SHTF, not too good.

My thoughts on manipulation with the Shields safety is speculation sice I havent even seen one yet but, if they were gonna put one on, I wish they would have made it more user friendly. Me personally, I wouldnt even use the damn thing so its moot. Maybe not so much for others though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast