Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: First Time LTCF Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Hello Folks,

I am a U.S. Army Sergeant living an working at tobyhanna army depot. I moved here per U.S. Army order. I have been in the state for 11 months. I am not a resident of PA. I don't have a PA DL. I do live here in monroe county on the depot.

I have not started the process yet but i want to. Can you fine people give me a quick road map to success on this process.

V/r
    Warhorse
    The process is the same except you will have to show your PCS orders. This will explain why you don't have a PA driver's license, tax records, etc... If you have a LTCF from another state let them know as it sometimes speeds up the process. I see a lot of similar situations with residents of Carlisle Barracks. Because you are here on PCS orders you can still qualify for a permit.

(Monroe County)

Wow what a list of comments. I was starting to loose hope here. I serve my country for a very low pay.. Come to PA and i can't get a LTCF because i don't pay tax in monroe..but when the do do hits the fan you want me to protect you. I don't understand the logic. Thank you for the last post i have contacted the sherriff and this seems to be a painless process. I was a LEO in Georgia prior to coming on active duty. thanks for the great posts and your passion.

Welcome to PA Sgt! The civilian world does not seem very inviting for military members sometimes but that is not just a US phenomenon. Rudyard Kipling wrote about it a hundred years ago. Our "GI Joe" is called "Tommy Atkins" in England. In his poem "Tommy" Kipling said:
    For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!
    But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot..."

He wrote one about fighting in Afghanistan too. Somethings don't change.

(Monroe County)

I will go on the record and say this. As screwed up as our nation is.. and all the places I have been in 23 yrs of service i am proud to call this nation my home. there is not one place on the planet i would rather live. I fight for the right for citizens to make stewed up decisions and laws. I have the right to move to another state that holds the same values as i do. I believe in a armed nation. people that fight for gun control and lobby for the removal of guns have never been a victim of any violent crime. I have seen things no citizen should ever see. I have been at the end of a weapon and i am glad we are not armed with clubs.. God bless this nation and its people.

(Monroe County)

People seem to forget what the cold war was about. It was a race to insure we have the biggest stick on the block. In doing so we discorrage violence because they are afraid of the repercussions. IE if every citizen is armed there is mutual respect and criminals will think twice.. but now we just show a commercial about stop bullies in school. I say teach children self defense. If we did me might just wipe out child obesity. Instill confidence and self reliance we might wipe out future generations from asking for hand outs. They will only ask when it is truly needed and not make it a lifestyle. I am off topic and i apologize..

i put my ltcf application in at the end of last month.. now to play the waiting game. i know my references already got their post cards though .

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by puro View Post
    i put my ltcf application in at the end of last month.. now to play the waiting game. i know my references already got their post cards though .
    What post cards? No one is to be publicly notified that you're applying for a LTCF (even your references)

that's just how it is in monroe county.. illegal post cards with all your information and how you're applying for ltcf. lame ass sheriff also required 1% earned income tax papers.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by puro View Post
    that's just how it is in monroe county.. illegal post cards with all your information and how you're applying for ltcf. lame ass sheriff also required 1% earned income tax papers.
    Want to do something about it?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    What post cards? No one is to be publicly notified that you're applying for a LTCF (even your references)
    Yes they have been sending post cards to your references going back to the mid to late 1990s that I know of, usually for the original application, I don't think that they sent them out for renewals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast