Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Smith & Wesson Model 60 with wood grips.

Getting my girl her first gun, she likes the revolvers and likes shooting them. Saw a used model 60 with nice wooded grips for $495 at my local range. gonna get it for her to carry. Did a little research on the gun, seems pretty good and the guy at the range was selling it pretty well. Anyone have one? and thoughts on the gun?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Smith & Wesson Model 60 with wood grips.

I had one back in the 1970's but traded it for a car. I used a 2 inch 36 for several years then went to the 2 inch 60 for off duty carry, but I could never master a good tight group on a qualification course with either one. I went to a 3 inch model 36 heavy barrel that I still have in my safe. That weapon I could shoot very well with tight groups up to 25 yards.

The 60 is a great gun though and for a defensive weapon it will be a good carry piece. I actually wish I would have kept mine as they are sought after pieces.

(Philadelphia County)

sounds good. the one from the range is made in the 80s

(Monroe County)

Last year i let a good one get away from me, its a 3 inch bbl. with adjustable sight in mint condition, came out of a estate sale in New Jersey the dealer said, old man passed away and the son who inherited his estate doesnt have a license to own a gun so he took it to PA and sold them all, including a mint Bereta 92 Elite and a Smith Model 19 with 6 inch bbl, We take so much for granted here in Pa.

Your GF will love it , the owner of the Gunshop thats what his wife carries in 2 inch bbl though, go for it , it is one of the best Guns Smith makes.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Last year i let a good one get away from me, its a 3 inch bbl. with adjustable sight in mint condition, came out of a estate sale in New Jersey the dealer said, old man passed away and the son who inherited his estate doesnt have a license to own a gun so he took it to PA and sold them all, including a mint Bereta 92 Elite and a Smith Model 19 with 6 inch bbl, We take so much for granted here in Pa.

Your GF will love it , the owner of the Gunshop thats what his wife carries in 2 inch bbl though, go for it , it is one of the best Guns Smith makes.
    Our one year anniversary is this weekend, it should make a fine gift. Thanks