Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sig Sauer Night Sights?

I use my P226 for recreation and home self-defense. I decided that I need to either get night sights, or a laser for my gun. Can anyone recommend a good set of night sights for this pistol? Also, this probably sounds stupid, but are some of these harmful for your eyes?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer Night Sights?

I have 229 Elite, it comes with Siglight Night Sites. They really work, even in low light they are very visable. I have not seen any other Night sites in low light conditions, so I cant compare them to anything. But I do know they work excellent in my opinion. Considering that Sig makes the gun, I would think that they would have less problems fitting to the Gun (if thats even an issue).

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/Sho...9&productid=97

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I have 229 Elite, it comes with Siglight Night Sites. They really work, even in low light they are very visable. I have not seen any other Night sites in low light conditions, so I cant compare them to anything. But I do know they work excellent in my opinion. Considering that Sig makes the gun, I would think that they would have less problems fitting to the Gun (if thats even an issue).

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/Sho...9&productid=97
    Those look pretty good. I'm a little bitter that its $100 for free shipping and their sights are $99.95. I might call and tell them I want the free shipping if I decide to order these. Thanks for you help. Does anyone else have any experience with night sights for a Sig?

(Allegheny County)

I've been contemplating night sights for my P-6. Problem is I mainly shoot it in daylight or lighted indoor range. Typically, night sights are a bit difficult to see in the daylight unless they also have a white outer ring around the tubes.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I've been contemplating night sights for my P-6. Problem is I mainly shoot it in daylight or lighted indoor range. Typically, night sights are a bit difficult to see in the daylight unless they also have a white outer ring around the tubes.

Hawk,
    I have never had a problem with the sig night sights in the day... just look like white dots cause they are surrounded by an aluminum ring.

as for the original question...

Looking over the Sig custom shops price list, I would look into having your gun refreshed by sig under their service plan progam... the cost is $130,,, but the way I read it, includes new night sights. (unless they are just replacing the tiny insert??)

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerServ...Price-List.pdf

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoootie View Post
    Does anyone else have any experience with night sights for a Sig?
    I have them and they work fine... pitch black they are bright and visable (2 years old) and in the day they are kinda easy to see with the aluminum rings around the tubes. I have the regular sig light setup but they also offer a Sig TRUGLO sight which the Tritium and Fiber optic combo version.

(Lancaster County)

Looking over the Sig custom shops price list, I would look into having your gun refreshed by sig under their service plan progam... the cost is $130,,, but the way I read it, includes new night sights. (unless they are just replacing the tiny insert??)
    Correct! This is the best method to add night sights if you cant do it yourself (ie you dont have a sight tool). If you do have a sight too, get some Meprolight sights as they are Sig's current factory night sight. www.topgunsupply.com sells them for $70 plus shipping (7.95). They have an EXCELLENT reputation for service.

For Sig's Service Package, they will do an ultrasonic cleaning, put in new springs and put on new siglight night sights, go over it from head to toe, test fire it, and if you dont send it in a sig plastic pistol box, they will ship it back in one as an extra (freebie). If you go this method though, call them and tell them you would like them to send you the shipping label. You still pay for it but its cheaper with their label then it is if you just took it to UPS to ship it.

Here is the link to the description page for their service plan.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/SSP.aspx

(Allegheny County)

I never liked the old SIGlites, glad they switched to Meprolights, it's what I have on all my carry guns. Brownell's have good prices also. Shop around for a good deal.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    Correct! This is the best method to add night sights if you cant do it yourself (ie you dont have a sight tool). If you do have a sight too, get some Meprolight sights as they are Sig's current factory night sight. www.topgunsupply.com sells them for $70 plus shipping (7.95). They have an EXCELLENT reputation for service.

For Sig's Service Package, they will do an ultrasonic cleaning, put in new springs and put on new siglight night sights, go over it from head to toe, test fire it, and if you dont send it in a sig plastic pistol box, they will ship it back in one as an extra (freebie). If you go this method though, call them and tell them you would like them to send you the shipping label. You still pay for it but its cheaper with their label then it is if you just took it to UPS to ship it.

Here is the link to the description page for their service plan.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/SSP.aspx
    Another question regarding this. I looked on topgunsupply, and the said it will replace your #8 front & #8 rear sights. I bought my pistol used awhile back, and it has #8 front and #3 rear sights. Is this how it should be? If I bought sights off that website, will my aim be too high/low?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoootie View Post
    Another question regarding this. I looked on topgunsupply, and the said it will replace your #8 front & #8 rear sights. I bought my pistol used awhile back, and it has #8 front and #3 rear sights. Is this how it should be? If I bought sights off that website, will my aim be too high/low?
    Hopefully someone will chime in here as I have always wondered this as well everytime I see mixed sets selling. When I was looking for NSs for my 239 they were selling #6 rears with #8 fronts.

Kinda just assumed it was pulling the barrel up to zero in for a longer distance center but would love to hear an accurate description.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast