Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default PAFOA Lunch - Chambersburg/Franklin County - Saturday March 15 @ 12:30 pm

When: 3/15/08 @ 12:30 pm

Where: Texas Lunch in Chambersburg, PA (just west of the square)

Since the New Texas Lunch was so receptive to those who came to Chambersburg to attend my hearing, I thought it might be nice to 'thank' them again with some business.
    [color
    OC (or CC for that matter) is NOT REQUIRED to attend this event. This is simply a chance for the growing number of locals to get together. Spouses and/or friends are welcome to join us. Please mention them when replying so we can pass on an accurate head count to the management.

I'll update this post with a list of attendees as they reveal themselves.

Planning to attend:
    gnbrotz
    kilroy hunter
    HeavyD
    Boomer
    Fireguy15 & girlfriend
    fingers80002
    djturnz
    Karl/PA
    Roy (local acquaintance of Greg's)
    akapjr
    liberty556 +1?
    IV_Warrior

Tentative:
    Pro2A & wife
    imperialism2024 & father
    birdhunter317
    Last edited by gnbrotz; March 15th, 2008 at 06:45 AM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: PAFOA Lunch - Chambersburg/Franklin County - Saturday March 15 @ 12:30 pm

i would like to attend your gathering at the new texas lunch on mar 15
    kilroyputer@yahoo.com
    Last edited by kilroyhunter; February 16th, 2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: corrected grammar

(Franklin County)

Default Re: PAFOA Lunch - Chambersburg/Franklin County - Saturday March 15 @ 12:30 pm

Add me. I'll be sure to add it to my schedule.

(Franklin County)

Yeah, I'll probably be free that day. Count me in...

(Franklin County)

can't go......have daughters softball meeting @ 1 that day......

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by chesire17201 View Post
    can't go......have daughters softball meeting @ 1 that day......
    Are you sure you won't be "not feeling well"?

I'm getting pretty decent response (some off-board too), so I won't be re-scheduling this one. Also, based on some feedback on schedules, I plan to have the next one on a Sunday.

Also, forgot to mention it in the e-mail, but spouses, friends, etc. are welcome. Just mention them if possible, so they can be included in the head count.

(Franklin County)

Gotta check my schedule,, let you know tomorrow.Ironhorse
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

Just be careful not to go to Denny's with Greg... he cursed us today

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Just be careful not to go to Denny's with Greg... he cursed us today
    In my defense: I totally WARNED you upfront!

For those playing along at home, Brandon and I got together for lunch today. Denny's was one of the places he suggested. That worked for me, but I told him I haven't been there for years, because of their terribly slow service....but since we were basically looking for a place to chat for a while, I wasn't concerned with that today. He told me he goes there about once a month, and had never had a problem.

After waiting for a bit for a waitress to notice us, we finally placed our order. After about 20 minutes (I think) the manager and waitress returned to inform us there had been a 'printer problem' and our order never went through to the kitchen. She assured us everything was fixed and our food was being prepared.

A short time later, the waitress showed up again. She had my order, and another entrée that wasn't anything close to what Brandon ordered. He noted this discrepancy, she checked her order pad, and confirmed it was not what she had written down. My foot began to get cold as we continued our conversation.

I have no complaints. I received exactly the service I expected given my previous experience with this location.

Of course, I'm sure Brandon will try to sell you some crap about the staff being so mentally discombobulated by the presence of my openly carried firearm. So afeared they were that they dared not show the slightest indication of noticing it for fear of the terror that would ensue.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    In my defense: I totally WARNED you upfront!

For those playing along at home, Brandon and I got together for lunch today. Denny's was one of the places he suggested. That worked for me, but I told him I haven't been there for years, because of their terribly slow service....but since we were basically looking for a place to chat for a while, I wasn't concerned with that today. He told me he goes there about once a month, and had never had a problem.

After waiting for a bit for a waitress to notice us, we finally placed our order. After about 20 minutes (I think) the manager and waitress returned to inform us there had been a 'printer problem' and our order never went through to the kitchen. She assured us everything was fixed and our food was being prepared.

A short time later, the waitress showed up again. She had my order, and another entrée that wasn't anything close to what Brandon ordered. He noted this discrepancy, she checked her order pad, and confirmed it was not what she had written down. My foot began to get cold as we continued our conversation.

I have no complaints. I received exactly the service I expected given my previous experience with this location.

Of course, I'm sure Brandon will try to sell you some crap about the staff being so mentally discombobulated by the presence of my openly carried firearm. So afeared they were that they dared not show the slightest indication of noticing it for fear of the terror that would ensue.
    It was pretty funny though. Ironic if you ask me

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast