Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default Just picked up a Sig Mosquito

Had it for about a month now...just recently took it to the range a few times. Picked it up at Campbell's in Hollidaysburg for just under $400. I have been looking for a cheap range pistol in .22LR because .40 S&W can burn a hole in your pocket pretty quick. Over all it seems like a very decent range gun. At first I had some issues with it not fully ejecting spent casings. I think it was a mixture of the weapon needing broke in and me limp wristing it. The last time I took it to the range it only jammed twice. Not perfect, but acceptable for a range fun IMO. So far it's serving it's purpose and I'm happy with it.

If anybody else is looking for a cheaper way to practice at the range I'd recommend looking at this handgun.
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Just picked up a Sig Mosquito

I had one two or three years ago. As long as it was kept well lubed and I used good quality ammo, the thing ran perfect.

Eventually sold it when I got my GSG 1911 in 22lr. After I got that the Mosquito didnt see any action so I sold her off............

Congrats on the new purchase.

(Berks County)

Will run like a champ with CCI

(Bucks County)

We picked up a used one and couldn't get it to work worth anything. Guess it could have just been a bad one that had a "reason" the last person got rid of it.

Much happier with our Ruger SR22. Although my husband loved the feel of the Sig.... our particular one was pretty much only good for practice clearing jams.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    We picked up a used one and couldn't get it to work worth anything. Guess it could have just been a bad one that had a "reason" the last person got rid of it.

Much happier with our Ruger SR22. Although my husband loved the feel of the Sig.... our particular one was pretty much only good for practice clearing jams.
    I absolutely love ruger. I looked at the sr22 but had purchased my mkIII 22/45 before they hit the market. I want to SBS a shotgun before I but anything else.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Bucks County)

CCI mini mags + tetra grease on the slide after you clean + a mist of Rem oil in that little hole on the right side while you break it in and you won't see any FTE or FTFs at all

(Montgomery County)

My wife had a Mosquito (pink) and we only put a couple hundred rounds through it but never had a problem with. We always used CCI Mini Mags and kept the thing well cleaned and oiled. She only sold it because she didn't like the trigger pull. It seemed like a quality piece and shot decent groups at 15 yards. If it wasn't pink I would have kept it and just bought her the GSG she bought instead. I hear they get a bad rap from a lot of people and one dealer said they would never carry them, but we were happy with it for the short time we had it.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.