Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Big Bass Lake

(Bucks County)

Default Big Bass Lake

Where can a grandfather,father and son's get together with grandfather inlaw,son inlaw and grand son's and daughter shoot some paper plates ..... grandkids is under 10 ?

My three kids learned the safety and fun of punching paper at and early age ...... It's getting harder to find ....... any help is appreciated

saftey glasses and hearing protection is a must ..... So a big sand pit would work ....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Big Bass Lake

Not even a "use to be able to shoot here!"

(Wayne County)

Heading towards moscow on 435, turn right at the old ice cream stand ( think they sell lawn ornaments now) and a mile or so down the road is the dry dam. Just before it on the right is a dirt road. back up the road is a old sand pit.

Have not been there in years and do not know if the road is gated now......

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by roberts257ai View Post
    Heading towards moscow on 435, turn right at the old ice cream stand ( think they sell lawn ornaments now) and a mile or so down the road is the dry dam. Just before it on the right is a dirt road. back up the road is a old sand pit.

Have not been there in years and do not know if the road is gated now......
    Nope, that's gated now and I've never heard of anyone shooting there either in the recent past.

The only place that I know of locally to shoot without being a member would be to head on down to the range at Tobyhanna on SR 423 behind the bear check station. Make sure you have your hunting license and/or range permit if you do go there.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the info ....... It's getting harder to find a safe,out of the way area to plink ......

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Nope, that's gated now and I've never heard of anyone shooting there either in the recent past.

The only place that I know of locally to shoot without being a member would be to head on down to the range at Tobyhanna on SR 423 behind the bear check station. Make sure you have your hunting license and/or range permit if you do go there.
    When I was in my pre teens, we were able to shoot there, but that was a looooong time ago.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by roberts257ai View Post
    When I was in my pre teens, we were able to shoot there, but that was a looooong time ago.
    As I recall, the property was purchased about 10 years or so ago by Theta Land Company (Louis DeNaples). I have heard that it is open to hunting and I have also heard that it is under agreement w/ PA Game Commission and may be stocked w/ pheasant, but I haven't been able to confirm this w/ the local WCO since I haven't bumped into him in a while. If I do, I'll not only seek to confirm the hunting thing, but I'll check on the plinking part as well.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    As I recall, the property was purchased about 10 years or so ago by Theta Land Company (Louis DeNaples). I have heard that it is open to hunting and I have also heard that it is under agreement w/ PA Game Commission and may be stocked w/ pheasant, but I haven't been able to confirm this w/ the local WCO since I haven't bumped into him in a while. If I do, I'll not only seek to confirm the hunting thing, but I'll check on the plinking part as well.
    Thank you ......

As the Outlaws just bought a place in BBL I am looking to plink with the family Don't need nothing fancy ..... or long for that matter ....... want to have the grandkids shoot my Ruger Bear Cat ..... Just like mine did at the age of 6