Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: "I'm surprised no one has given you...

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Fair enough. I'm probably older and more bitter than you. And like people less. Heh.
    I think sometimes, other times you are actually nice.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lawrence County)

I used to work at Wal-Mart. I just pick up the desk phone and use the intercom to say, "Assosciate needed at the Sporting Goods counter."

Also, most floor associates are not trained in sporting goods, as that training carries a higher per hour wage. So, I try not to ask a non-trained associate to do a job that they are not paid for. Also, the electronics associates ARE paid the differential, so go get one of them. If that doesn't work, get a manager. If that doesn't work, call the 800walmart service line and file a complaint.

There are plenty of options to deal with this that don't include being rude to the menial labor behind the register. If you have to be rude, at least give shit to the managers who are compensated for it.
    ~ All Knowledge Is Worth Having ~

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by the1jeffy View Post
    I used to work at Wal-Mart. I just pick up the desk phone and use the intercom to say, "Assosciate needed at the Sporting Goods counter."

Also, most floor associates are not trained in sporting goods, as that training carries a higher per hour wage. So, I try not to ask a non-trained associate to do a job that they are not paid for. Also, the electronics associates ARE paid the differential, so go get one of them. If that doesn't work, get a manager. If that doesn't work, call the 800walmart service line and file a complaint.

There are plenty of options to deal with this that don't include being rude to the menial labor behind the register. If you have to be rude, at least give shit to the managers who are compensated for it.
    I don't have the chutzpah to use the phone - but I like it! I will walk up front and ask for a manager after a few minutes. I've even walked in the door and went to customer care and ask them to find someone to find the keys and meet me back in Sporting Goods.

(Montgomery County)

A very annoying lady came over, swiped her card and asked me what I was using the ammo in. I said "a gun." She said "what kind of gun?" I said "the none of your fucking business kind. And as I'm obviously not under 21 years old, why don't you just pick either of those (pistol/rifle) and go about your business?" Then she tried to give me some shit about being rung up in sporting goods, which allowed me to cut a promo on her about not having anyone actually working in their bullshit store.

FUCK I hate Walmart.
    I believe they are required by law to ask that question. But at least you got to be rude to someone for something that was probably enacted before she was born. (1968 I believe)

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by the1jeffy View Post
    as that training carries a higher per hour wage.
    Hmmmmmmm.......I thought they only hire schooled people at walmart...
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    I believe they are required by law to ask that question.
    No, they are not. Persons under 21 are not allowed to buy handgun ammo but if said ammo is for use in a rifle, they may purchase it. Judgment about the use of the ammo is left up to the merchant.

(Allegheny County)

FUCK I hate Walmart.
    By shopping at WalMart you are contributing to their success. So why do you shop there?

When I don't like a company, I don't use their products or services if there are available options.

I don't buy Levi's jeans or Dockers, I don't use Valvoline oil, I will not eat at Wendy's, and I generally refuse to pay to see a motion picture.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Good for you to take the time and explain in a positive way what a ltcf is and the actual law.

I have been in a few Walmart's plenty of times where there is no one in the sporting good section and no one around. I learned a while ago the easiest way to get someone back there is to call the main store # (look it up on my smartphone) and tell them I need someone in Sporting Goods. Someone is always back within a minute or two.
    +a million.

I've avoided lengthy lines dozens of times by doing this.

On another note, while waiting in line at a Giant grocery store, I called and said that I have been waiting in line (about 10 minutes) longer that it took me to get my groceries (about 5 minutes). About a minute or so later, 3 lanes opened up
    Signature removed: Signature cannot exceed 20GB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12