Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Ron Paul Rally April 22nd, Philly

Drove up this morning, and got a room at the holiday inn. The hotel is only a couple blocks away and has paid parking to the public, not sure of the rates as its different for staying in the hotel and received military discount. Been walking around CC all day and havent had any issues despite being told the LEOs arent too kind about it...walked by many of them all day and im pretty sure its not that hard to see it poking through my shirt.

For Parking: The independence hall visitor center also has parking, its in the ball park of $16 for 10 hours. not sure of the prices lower than that. there is a parking garage on Race st. also, it is $5 an hour, and isnt that far of a walk. There are several others in the area.

- sorry, dont know anything about the public transportation.

Also, There is 80% chance of rain, Dont forget your raincoats/umbrellas/ponchos.
    Last edited by Oppie; April 21st, 2012 at 07:33 PM.

(Delaware County)

If you know where to catch the "EL", Independence Hall has a subway stop at 5th street, walk up the steps and you're there.

There's a big parking lot adjacent to the 69th Street Terminal that would be free on Sunday.

(Bucks County)

I might make it down tomorrow. Also another option you can use is to park in South Philadelphia and take the 47 Bus North on 7th Street, think it stops right on Market, that puts you about 1-2 blocks away. To get back you take the 47 South on 8th Street. If anyone has any questions feel free to give me a call.

Tim 215-630-6600

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post
    I might make it down tomorrow. Also another option you can use is to park in South Philadelphia and take the 47 Bus North on 7th Street, think it stops right on Market, that puts you about 1-2 blocks away. To get back you take the 47 South on 8th Street. If anyone has any questions feel free to give me a call.

Tim 215-630-6600
    47 route map:

http://www.septa.org/maps/bus/pdf/047.pdf

47 northbound Sunday schedule:

http://www.septa.org/schedules/bus/h/047_1.htm

47 southbound Sunday schedule:

http://www.septa.org/schedules/bus/h/047_0.htm

(Wayne County)

im going to need to find somewhere to park also - taking a car with 4 ppl total - would like to just park somewhere then walk a few blocks if need be - I can legaly CC in philly right? I have my LTCF - is it just OC that is not allowed in philly?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid4576 View Post
    im going to need to find somewhere to park also - taking a car with 4 ppl total - would like to just park somewhere then walk a few blocks if need be - I can legaly CC in philly right? I have my LTCF - is it just OC that is not allowed in philly?
    You can CC and OC in Philly with your LTCF. I'm not 100% sure that I would OC at this event as police will probably be everywhere, although then again it might be a good time to support your right to OC. Someone will have to confirm is Independence Mall falls under any special rules but as far as I know it's public property. I think if you have 4 People you will have no problem parking in a lot and splitting parking (@$20). There is also several spots on street that you can park on sunday for free. Just make you read the signs as Philadelphia Parking Authority loves to give out tickets.

(Adams County)

You can CC and OC in Philly with your LTCF. I'm not 100% sure that I would OC at this event as police will probably be everywhere, although then again it might be a good time to support your right to OC. Someone will have to confirm is Independence Mall falls under any special rules but as far as I know it's public property. I think if you have 4 People you will have no problem parking in a lot and splitting parking (@$20). There is also several spots on street that you can park on sunday for free. Just make you read the signs as Philadelphia Parking Authority loves to give out tickets.
    All i know for sure is, its run by the National Park Service and firearms are prohibited inside the buildings. I walked all around and through the park area with no issues today, though i was CCing not OCing. The doors to the buildings have stickers posted on them to inform you that firearms are prohibited.

There is power in numbers. I plan to CC tomorrow, but if everyone wanted to meet at one end of the park and OC as a group, all it takes is tucking in the shirt lol.

(Bucks County)

Yeah Oppie what I should have said was I was unsure about the park, streets, grass. I know inside the Building is off limits. I also plan to CC at the event. I'm not 100% sure If I'm going to make it but I would love to meet members off this site. If your interested pm your # and I'll give you a ring if I come down if you don't mind. Sounds like you know a lot more about tomorrows events then me. I'm just hoping the weather isn't to bad.

(Adams County)

Yeah Oppie what I should have said was I was unsure about the park, streets, grass. I know inside the Building is off limits. I also plan to CC at the event. I'm not 100% sure If I'm going to make it but I would love to meet members off this site. If your interested pm your # and I'll give you a ring if I come down if you don't mind. Sounds like you know a lot more about tomorrows events then me. I'm just hoping the weather isn't to bad.
    i didnt see any signs saying no firearms in the park, streets or grass lol. All i know about the event is what i got in the email and a little from the ron paul forums and website. I came up a day early that way i could check out the area, make sure i can find it and check out philly a little bit for the first time. From what i read, Dr. Paul is adamant about holding the event regardless of whether. And the weather shows its gonna definitely rain, and be a bit chilly.

I'm leaving Doylestown area around 930 and have room for riders, send me an email buckscountybiodiesel@gmail.com

If you want to OC you will have plenty of support there,I will be CCing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast