This all happened at the Chester County courthouse.

So I showed up for my last day of jury duty today with my concealed XD45. I informed the officer at the metal detector that I had a pistol on me and needed to check it in so I could go into the courthouse.

He then told me that I shouldn't have brought it there because I'm serving as a juror (I had my sticker on identifying me as a juror). Then he told me I needed to go around to the other entrance to where the sheriff's office is to get a locker. As I collected my coat off the radar machine he told me not to "bring that here" again (refering to my gun). He said it a few times, and was not at all nice about it. I opened the door to leave that area and he yelled, for the whole line of people going into the courthouse, "You have a permit for that, right?", to which I said "yes, of course I do".

His attitude totally pissed me off. He was a real dick. He made me feel llike an ass in front of a few people I was serving with. I was going to ask to speak to the sheriff, but I left around lunchtime, so nobody was down there. Should I even bother trying to talk to her?

I'd love to know his reasoning for me not bringing it simply because I'm a juror. I can't think of one good reason why that matters. I didn't argue with him because I knew it would get me absolutely nowhere.