Quote Originally Posted by CJR55 View Post
As previously stated by some others earlier in the post the guys on the security posts are NOT deputies they are security personell that are employed by the Sheriff. I realize that does not excuse his behavior, I know the person you are talking about first hand and yes sometimes everyone can come off abrasive but generally speaking he is not in the "dick" classification.
Thanks for offering your input from the perspective you hold (involved).
It's good to hear the offending individual isn't going to be a problem in this regard as a habit If the OP feels the event warrants it hopefully he'll take it up with the sheriff as appropriate. Sounds to me like (some of) the personnel may just need some procedural training in dealing with the situation.

...so most people don't bring them into the building. So when someone does come in with one it does tend to cause a stir and it puts the personell on alert, for a lack of better term.
Again, this sounds like the personnel may need some more (pre-emptive) training on how to better deal with this situation. I have carried to the CH several times, couple different ones, and one time had a similar experience where the guard was less than helpful in handling the request. I chalked it up to the individual not having the training (maybe I was his first "armed" citizen).
Just because it is not a regular occurance it is a legal and expected situation. Hopefully they'll consider some procedural training to handle it...

... Also I will find out if the lock boxes that are on the Church St. entrance are for public use or only for LEO's. .
No need. The answer is in 18 Pa.C.S. 913
The storage facilities required by the above law are for everyone, not just LEO.
(e) Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.—Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt. Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d). (Chgd. by L.1999, Act 59, eff 2/15/00.)
Emphasis mine