Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Wholesale Sig Sauer Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by fjp110 View Post
    So making a post that has no aim but to start fights is now ok? this is really setting some interesting precedent for this forum. Wonder what comes next?
    you've now described about 99% of the posts on any forum, but on this forum it means any post thats gun brand vs gun brand, caliber vs caliber, oc vs cc, gear vs gear, and on and on ad infinitum.

posting bare info doesn't start fights, lame jackwagons responding childishly do.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neilthepilot View Post
    The problem here is two fold. One, this is the pricing at one store. Other stores buy at different prices depending on who their suppliers are and their volume. Some will pay more, some will pay less. I'm sure Cabela's or Bass Pro get much better pricing than my local dealer. But they have more guns in stock (that raises your cost because your money is sitting in inventory.) Some guns they can't keep in stock and others sell slowly. They have multiple people behind the counter most ammo types (not brands) Cleaning supplies scopes holsters etc. All these factors go into the cost for each item. They charge more than my local dealer by $100 for most guns. Are they ripping me off? No, their overall cost are different.

The real problem with publishing this list is tons of idiots will look at it and expect the dealer to only make $50 on these imaginary numbers and hassle him/her about it. Don't say it won't happen because a I see people comparing Internet pricing to real stores all the time. Of course they never think about shipping and transfer fees.
    You hit the nail on the head. One store may have only one or two sales clerks behind the counter and on busy days you many have to wait a while before it is your turn. Another store may have three or four clerks behind the counter cutting down the wait time significantly. However, the salary to pay those additional employees has to come from somewhere. And that is only one component of the sale price of an item.

Like you said, people will look at this list and then decide what THEY think is a fair mark-up -- not taking all of the costs into consideration.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. One store may have only one or two sales clerks behind the counter and on busy days you many have to wait a while before it is your turn. Another store may have three or four clerks behind the counter cutting down the wait time significantly. However, the salary to pay those additional employees has to come from somewhere. And that is only one component of the sale price of an item.

Like you said, people will look at this list and then decide what THEY think is a fair mark-up -- not taking all of the costs into consideration.
    Well the customer can think what is a fair mark up all they want, and the gun shop owner can say well then if you can find a better price somewhere else go head, see how that works?

I would rather go to a place like The handgunner in topton and wait little longer in line for better service and better prices then go to a place like Army and Navy with less of a wait (depending on the day) and pay a higher price and get shitty customer service from people that aren't friendly.

(Lehigh County)

I've always been treated with very good service at Army & Navy. When I stopped in around Christmas time, some of the sales folk even shook my hand even though I wasn't buying anything. Plus, their prices are some of the best around. They're now selling Federal 9mm ammo for $11 a box, $15 for .40 and $18 for .45 -- not even Wal-mart has it that cheap.

would someone be gracious to let me know the wholesale on a p320 m17 please.

anyone can help me with the wholesale price for p320 m17

(Armstrong County)

$1.29
    Yes, there is THAT much mark up available
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Lancaster County)

This thread ran it's course 7 years ago.

/thread.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456