Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Thumbs up Alright Dan!

Wow Dan you've filled a needed niche and are on top of things! Way to go!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Bucks County)

Default Forum Needs a Logo

Yeah, I said it! Don’t want to cause trouble but I know the rest of you guys were thinking the same but were just too afraid to post. Well I'm going out on the limb on this important moral issue and declaring that the Site Don’t Have No Logo.

Actually feel better getting that off my chest, sort of liberating to finally unburden my soul.

Otherwise how are we going to get tee shirts with no logo? How about our future Flag, Letterhead, Bumper stickers.... Consider future Stadium Naming Rights.

Seriously, I wish that I had computer graphics abilities to help out but I just mastered Word.

Any fellow members want to submit anything to Dan for consideration?

I noticed that our fellow member Coal-Cracker "Currently work in a management position in the Graphics/Printing Industry". How's that for putting somebody else on the spot? Sorry Buddy.

Maybe a temporary thread so we can post and vote on the winning logo? Free trigger time on Dan's M16 for the winner?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2
    Yeah, I said it! Don’t want to cause trouble but I know the rest of you guys were thinking the same but were just too afraid to post. Well I'm going out on the limb on this important moral issue and declaring that the Site Don’t Have No Logo.
    That is the logo I made for the main site, I just have not had the chance yet to fully investigate modifying the layout of the forum to include it. I plan on doing that within the next week.

I'm always open to ideas for an alternate logo but I designed this one for the following reasons

1) Our state is prominently displayed
    2) The guns shown span the age of military weapons of our county as a sign of support for ALL firearms ownership, not just old guns, or "sporting" guns.
    3) The simple 2-color scheme translates to varying medias very easily including black and white (faxes, copies, etc)
    Last edited by danp; February 17th, 2008 at 10:07 PM.

(Bucks County)

Me think we have a winner! Look great and agree with all of your points and reasons, makes sense. Well done.

Here is a slight mod for consideration.

(Mercer County)

I was thinking something like this...pagoa (Small).jpg
    One should forgive ones enemies, but not before they are hanged. - Heinrich Heine

I like the state background and the 2 different guns but I would like to see the Associations full name shown.

John C

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by John C
    I like the state background and the 2 different guns but I would like to see the Associations full name shown.

John C
    Fellow board member doug is working on converting my original PSD of the logo to a vector Illustrator file, when he does he's going to put a circle aroung the state with the words "Pennsylvania Gun Owners Association" around it. Once he has that ready to go I'll post a thread about it and see what people think. T-shirts were also mentioned and that seems like a good idea, luckily the company I work for has a side-business selling t-shirts so getting 'em made up would be a piece of cake.
    Last edited by danp; February 17th, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2
    I noticed that our fellow member Coal-Cracker "Currently work in a management position in the Graphics/Printing Industry". How's that for putting somebody else on the spot? Sorry Buddy.
    Man, that didn't take long.

danp,
    regarding the current logo: If you add the name, keep it simple and to the point. Resist the tempation to overcomplicate the logo with too much text or photoshop filters. Remember, logos are meant to be recognized, not read.

The current logo with the proposed curved text should fit the bill nicely.

(I hope I didn't come off as being critical, 'cause I'm not. I also hope you don't mind my advice. Nice work.)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker
    Man, that didn't take long.

danp,
    regarding the current logo: If you add the name, keep it simple and to the point. Resist the tempation to overcomplicate the logo with too much text or photoshop filters. Remember, logos are meant to be recognized, not read.

The current logo with the proposed curved text should fit the bill nicely.

(I hope I didn't come off as being critical, 'cause I'm not. I also hope you don't mind my advice. Nice work.)
    Yes, simple is always best and I enjoy the constructive criticism. I actually work with designers every day and went to art school with some education in design. My actual job is as a web-developer.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Lancaster County)

Dan, count me in for a tee shirt when you are ready.
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast