Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: We want your ideas!

I have been on forums and boards for years now and I think a few ideas seen at some of the other successful boards could be "borrowed" here to keep this place growing.

If I could I would rather spend my money at an FFL who is also a contributing member here, do we have a list of them? Or like on the FALFILES there is a specific area for contrubuting companies to have thier own boards and areas.

Also wondering about raffles, I have bought many a raffle ticket for guns and accessories over the years. This could also be looked at for supporting the board.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    If I could I would rather spend my money at an FFL who is also a contributing member here, do we have a list of them? Or like on the FALFILES there is a specific area for contrubuting companies to have thier own boards and areas.
    I'm working on a business database for the main website. It would be pretty easy to give businesses their own forum as well. We have a few people on here who represent businesses and I think that number will increase as we grow and people start going into shops being like "Hey, are you guys on PAFOA?"
    Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    Also wondering about raffles, I have bought many a raffle ticket for guns and accessories over the years. This could also be looked at for supporting the board.
    This is definately something we want to do, but right now we're just starting the process to become incorporated/get non-profit status. We just don't want to start selling stuff until we have a legal entity with it's own bank account/taxes/etc.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

I have got a crazy idea how about a benefit luncheon or dinner to drum up funds for the club? I have no problem toasting to the 2nd amendment with fellow members. You know like a ducks unlimited type of event with a raffle or silent auction etc. Just a thought.

(Lancaster County)

Hey Dan:

Does the site have an e-mail update or user's group list for new legislation, immedaite action issues or legal news? Mebbe something like VACDL has?

One of our moderators over at FALfiles forums regularly posts VACDL e-mail updates and when I recommended all in the PA section come over here and get active; he asked me to see if updates were available.

OTOH...would there be a problem w/me linking back here for news?

Thanks,
    Paul

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by deltaten View Post
    Does the site have an e-mail update or user's group list for new legislation, immedaite action issues or legal news? Mebbe something like VACDL has?
    We do, although we rarely send them out. The past few months have actually been fairly quiet on the front.

There's a few things going on in the past week that we will most likely be sending an alert out about this week once we go over all the facts and get something written. We want to make sure that everything we send out is based on facts and not heresay or sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by deltaten View Post
    OTOH...would there be a problem w/me linking back here for news?
    Absolutely not, the more links here the better. The more people we get the more people we'll have posting information and news and bringing issues to light.
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

I'm" very impressed "with your web site. On my first post, people went out of their way to help me with a mistake on my post.
    Also, I realize space is a problem, but could you possibly add a section for CR pistols and maybe CR rifles too?
    Just a thought, Joe

(Allegheny County)

that sounds like a good idea. im not a CR person myself, but a good idea nonetheless.

(Tioga County)

Expand the Law section to include laws on transfer of firearms. In the carry section, include the laws on prohibited areas. Perhaps we can draft one of the lawyers here to keep it updated as the laws change or court cases change things. A lawyer may have ideas on other things that should be included in the Law section.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Expand the Law section to include laws on transfer of firearms. In the carry section, include the laws on prohibited areas. Perhaps we can draft one of the lawyers here to keep it updated as the laws change or court cases change things. A lawyer may have ideas on other things that should be included in the Law section.
    I have most of those pages fleshed out on our development server, they just haven't been finalized and moved to the live server. The law section has to be developed pretty slowly because I have to make 100% sure everything is correct. While no one would ever trust what they read on the Internet in regards to law, the last thing I want to happen is someone to get in trouble based on a typo or a poorly worded sentence on our website.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    This is definately something we want to do, but right now we're just starting the process to become incorporated/get non-profit status. We just don't want to start selling stuff until we have a legal entity with it's own bank account/taxes/etc.

Hey Dan:
    Are you still considering a raffle. I have to agree, it sounds like a good idea.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast