Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default PF9 Trigger Question

My wife has a PF9 and she loves it.The only thing she doesn't care for is the pinch of the trigger on the reset.I have been looking at Northwoods Aluminum Trigger upgrade for her.Has anyone here installed one on theirs?If so,how much of a pain is to do and approx. how long does it take to do this?Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

Default Re: PF9 Trigger Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    My wife has a PF9 and she loves it.The only thing she doesn't care for is the pinch of the trigger on the reset.I have been looking at Northwoods Aluminum Trigger upgrade for her.Has anyone here installed one on theirs?If so,how much of a pain is to do and approx. how long does it take to do this?Any help is appreciated.Thanks.
    I use black heat shrink tape on my trigger. It helped to reduce the pinch - mostly.

I just purchased the Northwoods trigger, though I haven't had time to install it yet. I may install it on Friday night and take it to the range on Saturday.

(Bucks County)

Dont know of you have been there or not, but KTOG has a Pf 9 section and there is lots of talk on this!
    Someone said 35 minutes on that forum. Resetting the hammer block is said to be an issue. I have reset the hammer block on my P32 several times, it is easy. you need something long and thin to hold it down while you drop the frame into the grip.

This will help when reassembling!
    Last edited by theduke; April 12th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Columbia County)

Thanks guys. @Ronin,I to have used a piece of shrink tube on the trigger for her.Wife said it was more comfortable to shoot with it on,but was looking for a perment solution.Please let me know how you make out with the installation and range report.

@theduke,I also have checked out the KTOG site and there is lots of great info there.I have a P 11 and had to replace the slide stop on it.Of course you have to take down it all the way to the frame so I am familiar with the disassembly aspect.Again thanks to both for the replies and looking foward to hearing how it went with your's there Ronin.

Mr. C - I got the trigger installed tonight. It took me about an hour start to finish. I took my time and followed the installation guide on Northwood Components' website. Like most folks I had a hell of a time getting the hammer block set just right. The trick is to push it all the way forward of the hammer. Otherwise it won't seat in the frame properly.

Thanks for the video theduke.

I'm taking it to the range to see how it shoots tomorrow. I'll report back and let you know how it does.

(Columbia County)

Sounds like the hammer block seems to be the hardest part of it all.Thanks for the update,will be looking foward to hearing how much of a difference it makes.

(Bucks County)

Sounds like the hammer block seems to be the hardest part of it all.Thanks for the update,will be looking foward to hearing how much of a difference it makes.
    It is easy to get the hang of it though!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    It is easy to get the hang of it though!
    Indeed. Once I figured it out, I could replace the trigger in 20 minutes if I had to.

Took the PF9 out today. I really like the new trigger. I think the edges of the trigger are a little - for lack of a better word - sharp; but there is no trigger slap or pinch like with the plastic trigger. I may do a quick polish just to smooth things out. It breaks nicely with no binding. Follow-up shots are quick. For shits and giggles I decided to see if I could hit minute of zombie at 50 yards. I was able to keep everything COM while firing at a moderate pace.

Three thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Took the PF9 out today. I really like the new trigger. I think the edges of the trigger are a little - for lack of a better word - sharp; but there is no trigger slap or pinch like with the plastic trigger. I may do a quick polish just to smooth things out. It breaks nicely with no binding. Follow-up shots are quick. For shits and giggles I decided to see if I could hit minute of zombie at 50 yards. I was able to keep everything COM while firing at a moderate pace.

Three thumbs up!
    You must have one of the earlier versions of the Northwoods trigger (I do as well). The newer one has smoothed out edges. You could sand the edges down to smooth it out as well. A few guys on KTOG have done that.

Anyway, I have that trigger as well as I stated and I really enjoy it. Before I was getting pinched left and right but after changing out the trigger, it's worlds better. I'd highly recommend it. Took about 45 minutes change out... 25 of that was fooling with the trigger reset to get it back in correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast