Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 22

(Blair County)

Default Glock 22

I have never had an interest in the Glock line of pistols, ever. I am considering a G22 with night sights for a beater/tractor gun around the property. I have and will rivet a kydex holster to the tractor. I would not have and do not have issues with trashing it. Thats why I am leaning towards a Glock, it starts ugly, may as well die uglier.

So with that in mind, and not interested in the whole caliber debate. It must be .40 thats what I have ammo for. Who likes the Glocks, who does not, and why.

Is the G35 worth the extra money for my application. Will they perform filled with heavy dust/dirt?
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

Default Re: Glock 22

Not worth stepping up to a G35 IMO. You get a little longer barrel and longer sight radius but its really not much difference. Velocity is not much different either. You will be able to find G22s easier and for less money vs the G35) Maybe consider a Gen 2 or Gen 3 LEO trade in, you can usually find them online for under $400. The Glocks are pretty good at taking dirt, dust, water and other crap and still function. (look on Youtube for videos) Not hard to strip and clean either. Plus the holsters are everywhere new and used.

(Blair County)

Glockmeister routinely receives G22 police trade-ins. Buy a new spring kit just to be sure, and you should be good to go. No point in buying new if you're gonna beat the hell out if it anyway.

(Northampton County)

I do not own a g22 but I have put a couple hundred rounds through a range buddy of mine and you can not go wrong. He has a gen 4 and the shoot ability of that gun is outstanding. I'm not crazy about the size (a little big for me) but the longer slide and grip makes it so easy to shoot. I think it's a great especially for the intentions you have for it you can shoot it not clean it shoot it again, beat it up some more and it'll still be ready to fire. You shouldn't have any problems with it even if decide to go for a used one. And like all glocks there's plenty of additions for it alot you can do with it if you choose to.

(Northampton County)

Right now you can get a gen 3 glock 22 from J&gs for $379.00 with night sights I picked one up to experiment on . I like glocks for there reliability, but i have always hated the glocks trigger. I added the fulcrum trigger system from the glock store- abit bit pricey at $188.00 but man what a difference a clean 2.5 pound trigger with pretravel and over travel adjustment. I also added a better recoil guide rod setup and an extended slide release and mag release . then we cerakoted the frame od green ,we will be putting it up in the gun pics section shortly. For the money a used one at $379.00 should do the job nicely.I like the one i just rebuilt some much that now i need to find a Gen 3 20 or 21 model to play with. Brian /EFR By the way i am a 1911 and cz fanatic so it take a lot to get me excited about glock that trigger conversion is the way to go for me and its available in 3.5 lb version as well for carry. Get the 22 you won't be sorry.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Right now you can get a gen 3 glock 22 from J&gs for $379.00 with night sights I picked one up to experiment on . I like glocks for there reliability, but i have always hated the glocks trigger. I added the fulcrum trigger system from the glock store- abit bit pricey at $188.00 but man what a difference a clean 2.5 pound trigger with pretravel and over travel adjustment. I also added a better recoil guide rod setup and an extended slide release and mag release . then we cerakoted the frame od green ,we will be putting it up in the gun pics section shortly. For the money a used one at $379.00 should do the job nicely.I like the one i just rebuilt some much that now i need to find a Gen 3 20 or 21 model to play with. Brian /EFR By the way i am a 1911 and cz fanatic so it take a lot to get me excited about glock that trigger conversion is the way to go for me and its available in 3.5 lb version as well for carry. Get the 22 you won't be sorry.
    A 2.5 lb trigger seems exceptionally light for Glock-style handgun. Or is that just me?
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOVEL View Post
    I have never had an interest in the Glock line of pistols, ever. I am considering a G22 with night sights for a beater/tractor gun around the property. I have and will rivet a kydex holster to the tractor. I would not have and do not have issues with trashing it. Thats why I am leaning towards a Glock, it starts ugly, may as well die uglier.

So with that in mind, and not interested in the whole caliber debate. It must be .40 thats what I have ammo for. Who likes the Glocks, who does not, and why.

Is the G35 worth the extra money for my application. Will they perform filled with heavy dust/dirt?
    456 - That was almost my Pre Glock experience buy it find out I really didn't like it trash it and sell it. What I found was Glock is a hell of a gun for what the purpose of a Gun should be used for. I still don't stand and stare in admiration of my Glocks (I have 3) like I do with my 1911s or Berettas. But I do marvel at the Glock reliability and sraight forward use. In a debate last night I couldn't defend the Glock all I can say IS THAT I HAVE 3 of them. And for me they are GREAT GUNs!!! Not the prettiest but as far as shooting and doing that well I can't complain. And I would buy another one. I think the G22 would do anything you want it to do and you may change you mind about trashing it its indestructable almost and a fine tool.
    Last edited by Neko456; April 12th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.

(Cambria County)

I bought a Gen3 for $350 used with night sights.I bought it to mess around with.I did a grip reduction,3.5 disconnect,NY trigger spring(makes a crisp 5lb trigger)Also got a 9mm barrell and 357 sig barrell.Probably pick up another police trade in.Can't beat them for the money.

I've had Glocks for over 20 years. I love em. You just want a beater gun that'll work just in case the zombies show while your on a tractor? Well, you couldn't have ask for a better brand to choose from.

I have a couple Glock 22's, 1st Gen and 4th Gen I think. I don't pay much attention to the various generation differences.

Good luck,

CL

(Northampton County)

Yes the 2.5 is really light not recommended for carry I was building that glock for range and competition use. The fulcrum trigger is available in 2.5,3.5 5.5 lbs weights I believe may be a 4lb weight available as well . Its a very nice setup. shoots nicely at 2.5 .
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast